New starter

xbox_widow
xbox_widow Posts: 3
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,

I'm brand new to my fitness pal, and to exercise in general to be honest. I've never quite managed to get hooked on exercise and have only ever done it as I felt I should - never a good way to keep motivated!

However it's all come together for me recently and I now feel ready to do it. I turned 30 at the end of last year after spending my whole 20s overweight by a little or a lot, and I got engaged in October so am now planning a wedding for August 2012. I don't want to be a fat bride - ideally I'll be a size 12 by then (I'm a 22 now). I've found myself looking at people exercising recently and actually wanting to join in. That's a first for me!

So I was very happy to find this website, and the iphone app to go with it, as I can plan my own way of doing it which fits in with my life and my family (I have four children, work full-time and am studying for a degree with the OU).

Look forward to getting to know you all,

Replies

• Hello there and welcome! Im a first timer as well. Turned 31 recently and looking to work of the "roll" that has formed from enjoying life a little too much plus the addition of a desk job. Look forward to being accoutnable for what Im putting into my body and have already started to see myself be more aware as to the caloric intake. Let's hope this is successful for everyone!

Cheers-
    KLH
  • Hi I've just joined. I'm aiming to loose a total of 6 1/2 stone to fit back into my size 12 wardrobe, which currently resides in bin bags under my bed. I am currently a size 20 :grumble: and look forward to being able to buy clothes from shops my friends do.
This discussion has been closed.