When adding a new exercise to my exercise list how am I

Options
Supposed to know how many calories are burned after doing the new exercise. Its asks for a description, how many minutes, and how many calories are burned. If its a new exercise I obviously don't know how many calories are being used. Know what I mean? :) Any help or suggested resources would be appreciated. Thank you

-Elliott

Replies

• winterjade
    winterjade Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    what I do is wear a HRM then I go to a website that has a calculater that takes my age, duration of exercise and average HR and then gives me the calorie burn,

If you do not have a HRM, then I would just pick an exercise that is simular in the database :)
  • rks6902
    rks6902 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What website is it that you can enter your average HR?
  • Elli0tt
    Options
    Thank you :) they do have "boxing sparring" and "brazilian jiu jitsu" in the database, and what I'm trying to add is "kickboxing sparring" and full blown "MMA sparring". Because I am an actual amatuer cage fighter, so these exercises are my main source for cardio. I would imagine kickboxing would burn quite a bit more than boxing.

Myself as well as rks6902 would like to know, what is the website that you use to calculate your HR that gives you the calorie burn?
    Also, how much does the average HRM cost? and is it similar to a wrist watch or what? I have heard of HRM's but never knew what form in which they came.
    what I do is wear a HRM then I go to a website that has a calculater that takes my age, duration of exercise and average HR and then gives me the calorie burn,

If you do not have a HRM, then I would just pick an exercise that is simular in the database :)
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz says in his "You: on a Diet" book, that you burn 4 calories a minute for walking and 8 calories per minute for strength training. FYI.. that's what I've been using. Hope that helps.

My thing is how do find out what IS in the strength training database, ya know?