Foot twinges?

Options
So during my workout today (level 3 of 30 day shred, day 3), I all of a sudden during the mountain climbers started getting what felt like twinges or spasms in both feet--kind of a cross between a 'my foot fell asleep' feeling and a spasm, I guess would be the best way to describe it. An hour later, they still have a tiny bit of residual 'asleep' feeling, though it seems to have mostly passed.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Can anyone tell me what's going on? Should I be concerned?

Replies

• MmhmmStephanie
    Options
    Are your shoes too tight? I find if mine are I have the same problem. I've been told that when you wear shoes for exercise they should be a 1/2 size bigger or something like that.
  • anorton45
    Options
    I've had it too while I'm dancing. I dance barefoot, so I'm not sure why it happens. I thought maybe because I was on my tip toes the whole time. I notice that I put most of my weight on my toes, I think it's from staying on my toes while I referee. It makes it easier to take off in a sprint when the ball goes flying up the field than when I'm standing flat footed. I've been trying to make sure I'm putting weight on the whole foot while I dance though. I'll be curious to see what anyone else says.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Where is the twinge? I get those in my arches and it's because my arches are in bad shape.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I guess maybe around the arches? Like the underside of my foot, but I've never had particularly bad arches or anything like that. It was just really weird. My shoes fit fine and I've never had a problem before. I will go back to exercising barefoot and see if that helps, but I want to make sure I'm not damaging my feet!