bodymedia fit

Options
Does anyone use a bodymedia fit or bodybugg? I want one really bad and just trying to get some feedback before I spend the money. Is it worth it? I want it mainly for motivation and because the inaccuracy of calories burned during the day drives me crazy. I'm kind of a geek that way. I mainly do workouts like turbojam and want to get turbofire. Do you think it works good for those? Are there any support groups on the boards for bodybuggs?

Replies

• my8kidsmom
    my8kidsmom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have the bodymedia armband and I absolutely love it. It has really helped me understand why I haven't been losing.
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the bodybugg and have had it for 3 weeks now. It opened my eyes and now helps me get back on track. I definitely think it is worth every dollar.
  • tlauzis
    tlauzis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the body bugg and have had it for 18 months now. I love it. I almost didn't renew my subscription this year because of the cost, but then I realized if I purchase the yearly subscription, it is less than $7.00 per month. I have hypothyroidism and it helps me to keep track of actual daily calories burned, so I know if I need to see the doctor about my meds if the calorie burn slows. I am currently doing Turbo Fire, and I really like the bodybugg because I feel it is more accurate than my hrm for calories burned. The hrm indicates that I burn more calories than the bobybugg does, but the scale follows the bodybugg results more closely, so I have put the hrm away. I feel it is definitely worth the cost and if you want it for motivation, be sure to get the "monitor" as well. I wear it on my wrist like a watch. I know they have one that works with your phone now, but the "watch" allows me to see at a glance, my step count and calorie burn at any time of the day. It also shows how many calories you are burning per minute. You are not a geek for wanting to be accurate, misinformation can be a bad thing when trying to lose weight. I hope this helped.
  • tanyah2010
    Options
    Wow! Thankyou so much for the replies and the great information. This has definitely made my mind up. I think I will order mine first thing in the morning. They are backordered on the bodymedia website so I will be ordering from amazon. I'm definitely getting the display also. I too have hypothryoidism and never even thought about how helpful it would be with that.

This is my first day on myfitnesspal and I think I'm going to really enjoy it here! I have the app on my iphone and find it to be very easy for logging calories. We should start a bodymedia/bodybugg group here! I love support groups and I've been searching for one but can't seem to find very many on the internet.