Protien Shakes

Options
A majority of my workouts are done in the evening after work, and before dinner. I do eat a majority of my calories burned as a rule, but that late in the day it can be extremely difficult to get enough (calories) in.
That being said, I was thinking that protien shakes may be the way to go.
So, what are your favorites? Do you have the receipe? And plz don't make an extra effort to calculate for me, if you don't already have the calculations, the receipe will be good enough for me, I can input it. I don't want to give anyone any extra work. :)
Thanks!

Replies

• asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    I like Chocolate protein powder with 1cup of almond milk, half-whole banana, and 1-2 tbsp of pb. Depending on how much you use, it can run anywhere from 250 to 350 calories.
  • JJMS
    JJMS Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    BSN Lean Dessert powder is my fave and they have quite a few yummy flavors to choose from! :)
  • cajgallagher
    Options
    I love visalus shakes with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I drink it regularly for breakfast or dinner if I worked out after work
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I was just looking up recipes for protein shakes!! So here you go:

http://fatlossschool.com/76-protein-shake-recipes/

I wrote down three so far I want to try :happy: Hope that helps.
  • james3302
    Options
    1% milk with vanilla protein powder and 2-3 tablespoons PB, Yummy. Taste like a PB milkshake.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I drink chocolate soy protein from walmart. I did post a home made protein bar recipe. I am not goin to post it on here, for the simple reason that a certain MFP member decided to make smart remarks bout it bc she had made the same recipe and posted it and admitted that hers did not turn out. Needless to say if you are interested feel free to PM me and I will be happy to send you the recipe.
  • mandavann
    mandavann Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is 1 cup original almond milk, 1 tbsp PB2, and 1 scoop chocolate protein powder. I like Jay Robb egg white chocolate but just ordered some BSN Lean Chocolate Fudge because I've heard nothing but how good it is! Amazon has a great price on it

I like to add it to my magic bullet and blend it with ice but it would probably be good just shaken as well.
  • Jodie_Wilson9
    Options
    I really dig GNC Total Lean - Lean Shakes. With a variety of flavors, and new flavors with 25 grams of protein now; for me they were not chalky/gritty and they tasted yummy. They're oat-based, so they're thicker. You can also add a little fruit if you'd like. I blended in a banana or some strawberries to my swiss chocolate lean shake mix. I also liked to use skim milk instead of water sometimes. Good luck!
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas everybody! I will definatly give them a try!