Whey Protein Shakes?

Options
I picked up a jug of Whey Protein drink mix today.....(it was on sale). I've been pretty leery of drink mixes and powders. But, when I read the label it looked pretty decent! It is the Body Fortress brand sold at Wal-Mart.

Can anyone tell me if they've had luck with this drink as a weight loss supplement or in building more lean muscle? I'd like to keep my protein intake up, lower my carb intake, and lose the last 10 stubborn pounds!

Replies

• kellylczz
    Options
    Ive been using gnc brand whey protien shakes, it fills you and keeps you full for awhile. High protein diets work great as long as your keeping your calorie intake down. I like mixing it with skim milk vs. water, it makes it taste better, although it does add calories. Protein maintains muscles, and muscles burn fat... so thats a pretty good breakdown for me :)
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Ive been using gnc brand whey protien shakes, it fills you and keeps you full for awhile. High protein diets work great as long as your keeping your calorie intake down. I like mixing it with skim milk vs. water, it makes it taste better, although it does add calories. Protein maintains muscles, and muscles burn fat... so thats a pretty good breakdown for me :)

Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is a great option for mixing protein drinks. Additional protein, and tastes good without all of the carbs and calories.