Blueberry Muffins..

Options
kyliedurnan
kyliedurnan Posts: 58 Member
hey ! i just wanted to know if any of yall have any yummy, yet healthy recipes to make delicious BLUEBERRY MUFFINS:)
i saw the recipe on here for blueberry-banana muffins and i will be making those as soon as my bananas get older and mushier..
but im in the mood to bake today and my mom said she will be happy to buy me ingrediants i need to make healthy, yummy blueberry muffins! soo, thanks for your help everyone:)

Replies

• jyt2573
    Options
    Here's my fav healthy Blueberry Muffin recipe. I usually double up on the blueberries, as I am kind of a fanatic about them!

Light Blueberry Muffins
    Ingredients
    • 1 cup all-purpose flour
    • 1/3 cup sugar
    • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/8 teaspoon salt
    • 5/8 cup low-fat buttermilk
    • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
    • 1/2 cup blueberries
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1/2 large egg, lightly beaten
    • cooking spray
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
    Directions
    1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well, make a well in the center.
    2. Combine buttermilk, butter, vanilla and egg in another bowl, mix and add to well in the center of dry ingredients.
    3. Stir until just moist.
    4. Gently fold in blueberries.
    5. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray and sprinkle evenly with additional sugar.
    6. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans; cool on a wire rack.
    Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 muffins 80g
    Recipe makes 6 muffins)

Calories 181
    Calories from Fat 42 (23%)
    Amount Per Serving %DV
    Total Fat 4.7g 7%
    Saturated Fat 2.7g 13%
    Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3g
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 28mg 9%
    Sodium 206mg 8%
    Potassium 77mg 2%
    Total Carbohydrate 31.3g 10%
    Dietary Fiber 0.9g 3%
    Sugars 14.7g
    Protein 3.6g 7%
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    You can make any recipe you have healthier by substituting Splenda for sugar...egg beaters for eggs.. I substitute strawberry or cinnamon applesauce for any oils the recipe calls for:. and a 1/2 & 1/2 mix of whole wheat flour and white flour... of course reg size muffins are much less caloric than Texas sized muffins:). Good luck!
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    theres a weight watchers bran muffin with chocolate chips that is sooo yummy!! It uses cereal. Im not sure of the recipe my friend makes it all the time but im sure if you google it you will find the ingredients!
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    oh i found this one!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/me/kyoddie/diets2.html#23

I couldnt find the recipe my friend uses but I found similar ones!! you could check those ones out!!
  • dnorthup
    dnorthup Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Healthy Blueberry Muffins Oven 400

2 1/2 c. oats
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    2 t. baking powder
    1/2 t. salt
    1/2 t. cinnamon
    1 c. blueberries
    2/3 c. milk
    3 T. vegetable oil
    2 egg whites (slightly beaten)

Blend oats into oat flour. (Tip: Blend oats in food chopper, pulsing, until they are coarsely blended.) Combine oat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt & cinnamon. Stir in blueberries. Add milk, oil & egg whites. Stir just until moistened.

(For tender muffins, stir as little as possible when you add wet ingredients to dry)

Bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes in paper lined muffin cups
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Healthy Blueberry Muffins Oven 400

2 1/2 c. oats
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    2 t. baking powder
    1/2 t. salt
    1/2 t. cinnamon
    1 c. blueberries
    2/3 c. milk
    3 T. vegetable oil
    2 egg whites (slightly beaten)

Blend oats into oat flour. (Tip: Blend oats in food chopper, pulsing, until they are coarsely blended.) Combine oat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt & cinnamon. Stir in blueberries. Add milk, oil & egg whites. Stir just until moistened.

(For tender muffins, stir as little as possible when you add wet ingredients to dry)

Bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes in paper lined muffin cups

Yum! I'd like to try these soon! How many muffins does this make? And would it be a mistake to use the entire egg?
  • dnorthup
    dnorthup Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this recipe makes 12 muffins. They have a really great texture and kind of nutty flavor since you are using the oats to make oat flour. The original recipe I had called for just the egg white. I'm sure you could add the yolk, you would just have to add the nutritional value of the yolk into the recipe if you were counting calories, fat, etc. I love that the oats add good health benefits compared to recipes using just white flour.