Sugar addicts, anyone?? HELP

Options
Hey, So i am a complete sugar addict: Always ahve been. I was doing great for a while, keeping my calories under my goal, and eating healthy. All of a sudden, my sugar cravings are back! If i know there are cookies downstairs, i will not be able to focus on anything else unitl i get one, ...or two lol. What can i do to stop this?? It is making me go way over my calorie goal, and i know it is unhealthy

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Check out Primal Blueprint it helped me kick my habit! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • granolagirl82
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Try to work a teaspoon of cinnamon in your day, it's supposed to help level your blood sugar. I also went to a vitamin shop and they pointed me toward chromax chromium. I feel like it helps reduce my cravings.
  • Gigi567
    Options
    Hello! I struggle with the same thing, I have found one thing that helps most of the time is to have a cup of mint green tea with sweetener in it. I use Sweet Leaf Chocolate flavored Liquid Stevia sweetener in it, but any would probably be good. I hope it helps.
  • jessyjade22
    Options
    I know this is one of those 'easier said than done' things but when grocery shopping, don't buy any bad desserts! That is the only way I can deal with my need for sugar. There are some good healthy choice desserts that are better and more limiting choices than a bag of cookies. If you don't have anything in the house that you know will make you cheat, then you can't cheat.
  • tanap
    tanap Posts: 1
    Options
    the book - The Sweet Poison Quit Plan really helped me! My friend lent it to me about a month ago and I havent touched sugar since! It has great alternatives and facts that will make you cringe at the thought of touching another chocolate bar!!
  • edavis3samford
    Options
    throw away the cookies! (they are going to go to waist or to waste either way!)
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    Don't keep anything in the house. If someone wants sweets, they have to run to the store themselves to get it. When I was having a lot of trouble with one item, the rule was I had to walk to the store to get it. The store is 1 mile away from my house. Sometimes I would walk there and then not even want it. Exercising helps control cravings a lot of time. So does drinking a liter of water before eating whatever it is you want. Raw food desserts really helped me because I get all of the sweetness I want without any of the sugar (or flour, milk, or anything else).
  • Drealicious
    Options
    throw away the cookies! (they are going to go to waist or to waste either way!)

OMG I LOVE THAT!! haha
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question! I am with you girl, I cna not buy it for the house but when I am out I will end up caving:( ANyone with ideas as subs instead of just staying away from it?
  • tschram12
    tschram12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am to, I have struggled alot with this issue. When It gets real bad I do plan ahead. Like today, I just love ben & jerrys cherry garcia ice cream. Instead of getting the ice cream I found cherry garcia frozen yogurt. It had 200 cal per 1/2 cup and 3 grams of fat. It totally kicked my craving. But I planned for it. The key is to plan ahead, atleast it is for me. Good Luck to you on your journey.
  • Vicki_78
    Vicki_78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    just before i read your post i saw this on my fb page. i honestly didn't read it but its from womens health mag & i think they always have great advice..... good luck!!!

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/how-sugar-harms-you
  • rajapkumar
    Options
    Raisins.... About 1 oz has only 17g of sugar. Go slowly and you will kill you urge. Above all, these are fruit sugars (natural) so you can less worry about them.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2050/2
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    *bump*