First full day on MFP

Options
Hi! I found this site through an article in a parenting magazine & decided I needed to check it out. So, I joined! I only have about 13 - 15 pounds to lose, but I can't seem to do it on my own. What an eye-opener my first day of tracking everything I ate was! I certainly have some habits to change... And, I've just spent the past 2 hours reading the success stories that people have posted. Some of them are just amazing, and they're certainly encouraging! My bigger goal is to be healthy, get my cholesterol down into acceptable ranges... I never thought I'd be a "calorie counter", but, I'm here now! Let the losing begin! :happy:

Replies

• KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I recently reached my goal of losing 15 pounds. Might loose 3 more but I am basically maintaining, focusing on toning and strength training. Your welcome to add me as a friend if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! :smile:
  • kleenhc
    Options
    Hello there and welcome! Im a first timer as well. Looking to lose 10-15lbs while hoping to work of the "roll" that has formed from enjoying life a little too much plus the addition of a desk job. Look forward to being accountable for what Im putting into my body and have already started to see myself be more aware as to the caloric intake. Amazing how all of the small things add up. Also nice to see how physical activity allows you a some greater allowance as well. Let's hope this is successful for everyone!

Cheers-
    KLH
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site. it is an awesome tracker and the people here are amazing. i have 15 to go, well had, i have 9 right now. this place again is great. feel free to friend me. good luck.
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm trying to lose about 15 lbs as well. Its been a week and it had definitely helped me see and watch what I eat already.