Anyone out there?

_hopeful
_hopeful Posts: 6
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,
I'm not exactly new to this site. I deleted my account a few months ago but I'm back.

I am a recovering anorexic and I am looking for friends, especially anyone that has history with eating disorders! That would be amazing. I'm really trying to get over this but I need support. So, basically, I am not on this site to lose weight. I'm not really on this site to gain either. This site for me is just to keep track of my food and exercise and to help me stay on track.

If anyone is in the same boat, I would REALLY appreciate if you added me :) Thanks everyone!

Replies

• jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    hopeful, I am still here to lose weight, but I am a food addict( I binge eat...) so I use this to help me stay focused. I would be happy to offer words of encouragement on your journey!
  • K3LLYSU3
    K3LLYSU3 Posts: 56 Member
    I would be happy to support you! add me if you like...Kelly :smile:
  • yolandita
    yolandita Posts: 23 Member
    Hey, if you want youcan add me. I'm an emotional eater looking to lose a lot of weight bu support is support right. Maybe you don't have to have someone in the same boat for support, just someone thats understanding.:)
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    I've suffered from two types of eating disorders: One over eating after I lost the weight and without realizing it Two: under eating AKA starvation. I had no idea until one day I passed out at work my blood pressure dropped dangerously low and my sugar dropped to I believe it was 26 could have gone into a diabetic shock. Luckily the abulance came and took me to the hospital all different types of tests were done on me. Couple weeks later with followin up with my doc. they determined it was malnutrient. Needless to say I've been eatin more every since. Only without the weight gain. I finally figured out how to balance my diet with exercise. Now if I could only figure out how to tighten up all of my skin I'd be good to go. Feel free to add me.
  • From your picture, you seem to be a very, very attractive young woman. Most people you meet probably think so too. Forgive yourself for not being perfect. The eating thing is very pervasive, I know, because I've fought it for more than four decades. Get really straight with how much sugar in any form you are eating. Forgive yourself. Any alcohol or sugar substitutes you rely on should be looked at. This can feel very obsessive. Forgive yourself. You'll feel better about it if you have something to distract you that doesn't trigger you comparing yourself to other attractive young women who don't have eating disorders. Forgive yourself! Life is a journey, and everyone young has a long way to enjoy. But life is short enough that it is a shame to not enjoy it. I found an odd escape in cooking professionally; it seemed to satisfy some of my drive to eat. One thing that is important -- get to know what you like in all areas: what kinds of music, art, smells, body movement, situations involving people, travel, etc. -- who are you? Some people think you are wonderful and don't drag you down -- spend more time with them -- no, I don't mean your mother!
This discussion has been closed.