Just Dance & Zumba Wii

Options
I am one who absolutely hates the gym. And I do mean hate. However, I just completed a contract with Carnival Cruise Lines as their Circle C Director, and for the kids we had Just Dance and Just Dance 2. Since I was over that club, I would usually do a few dances with the kids and man... what a workout! I was wondering if anyone used this (or wii Zumba) as part of their exercise regime?

Replies

• pamelagail
    Options
    I have been doing Just Dance 2 with my daughter and I love it. Great workout!!!
  • vmilam03
    vmilam03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey! I used Just Dance II about every day! I count it as general dancing when adding it to my exercise diary, but usually 4 dances is about 15 minutes or so. It is definitely a great workout tool and so much fun!
  • brandi2882
    Options
    Me and my two sisters use both as an alternative to the gym. They are both really fun and they are fantastic workouts. The competition is fun too.
  • hicke
    hicke Posts: 8
    Options
    I would love to buy it and use it in place of my gym cardio!
  • Mrs_Hewi
    Mrs_Hewi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I didnt know there was a Zumba Wii :O
  • yepratt
    Options
    yes!! thats my cardio portion of my workout.
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Would like to know what people think as well... We have a Wii (I've been using Wii Fit Plus a lot lately, and doing the hula hooping) but thought about the Zumba or the Just Dance for a bday gift for my daughter next week. (Something we can do together)

I'm not much on gyms either, but I do get on the elliptical a bit!
  • tori2003
    Options
    I use Gold Gyms Cardio Dance for the Wii and it is awesome!!! It gets me moving and sweating in no time :) I do want to buy Zumba though.
  • KandiLicious
    KandiLicious Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize there was a Zumba Wii....I have to get it. I love doing Just Dance 2 with my daughter....the satisfaction of beating a 10 yr old and her friends feels great. It is a lot of fun and it does get your heart rate up...especially if you pick the harder songs.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I was doing Zumba twice a week at a dance studio, but, I had to give it up due to financial reasons. I play the game on Wii a few times a week now, instead.
  • Mrs_Hewi
    Options
    I was doing Zumba twice a week at a dance studio, but, I had to give it up due to financial reasons. I play the game on Wii a few times a week now, instead.

Do you find the game as beneficial as the class?
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    I just purchased the zumba wii last nite and I love it...... used it today for 38 mins and I was sweating when I finished. It comes with a waist strap that u put the controller in which seems to work great. It has alot of the same steps we do in Zumba class from what I have seen so far. It ususally cost around $40.00 but I bought it on sale @ Game Stop for $29.99.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options

Do you find the game as beneficial as the class?

Well, I don't own a HRM yet, but, overall, I would say no. It is good, it is a great calorie burn, but, the class I went to was super-intense according to everyone that had tried classes at other studios. Compared to the "other" place I tried, I'd say the game is better...compared to the place I liked and was a regular....not so much (all Zumba is not created equal). So, maybe "average"?
  • Mrs_Hewi
    Options
    Well, I don't own a HRM yet, but, overall, I would say no. It is good, it is a great calorie burn, but, the class I went to was super-intense according to everyone that had tried classes at other studios. Compared to the "other" place I tried, I'd say the game is better...compared to the place I liked and was a regular....not so much (all Zumba is not created equal). So, maybe "average"?

Ok thanks.

How many calories are you burning using the wii game per half hour?
  • hicke
    hicke Posts: 8
    Options
    Wow, a lot of positive responses for the two wii games. I have an elliptical in my basement and a pair of 3lb free weights so adding this into my workout may get me out of the gym... unless I want to swim or sit in the hot tub!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I own both games and i use them almost everyday. i really enjoy both. I took zumba classes at a dance studio and it was really high energy. much more than the game. but, last week i went to a trial class at a gym and it was a real disappointment. the teacher could barely make it through her own routine. she had to lower the intensity midway through the class because she could not keep up. it was like she was on cool down mode for the last half hour. total waste of time.