CHEAP but GOOD HEART RATE MONITOR

Options
I am a college student on a tight budget but really want a heart rate monitor. I am seeing them on the internet for $150...cheapest I'm really seeing is $60. I need one that is going to keep track of my calories and WORK

Please don't tell me that it is worth it to spend the extra money...it's also worth it to buy a Lexus instead of my 2001 Sentra, but maybe that's what causes class immobility!

Anyway. Please help . :)

Replies

• mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am also running into this problem because I'm in college with a limited budget. I get totally different numbers from the calorie counts on here, different websites and the machines at the gym. I need a good CHEAP hrm to get a more accurate count for my calories burned.
  • kim0913
    Options
    I just got the New Balance N2 OFF ebay. So far so good....comes with a chest strap too. I got it for 35!!
  • daigal
    Options
    I bought a Bowflex one for $30 at Big 5. Came with the chest strap too. It works great!
  • jpmajors
    Options
    I just replaced mine with a SUNTO kind of in between the prices you mentioned $99.00. There are a lot of options out there, Sportsline is reliable and of Course POLAR, Timex also has some options. Remember to only get the options you truly need and that will help keep the price down.

Good Luck
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I got the Mio Classic, I picked it up for $60. It works great for me, you don't really need to go all out. I know that's a lot on a student budget, though.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    HRMs are one of those things that "You get what you pay for" You throw $10 out there, you're gonna get a cheap, ineffective device. Save up, then shell out for a proper one!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I got one from walmart... the sportsline one, just watch no chest strap ($40) and it's NOT accurate... I just got a Polar FT4 and I LOVE it... with taxes it cost me $99, but I saw some way cheap on ebay!
  • k8smama
    Options
    Not sure where you're at but I saw one at Wal-Mart today for around $30. Saw several on E-Bay for pretty cheap, also.
  • SHALONDAG
    SHALONDAG Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a sportline one from Walmart and it has worked great for me! Only cost $30!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump...

I am sure there are more people with recommendations!