Why is it so easy to lose focus?

Options
Of course, it doesn't help when the gym closes early because of the Superbowl... *sigh*

I overate today and didn't work out.

How do you maintain focus?

Replies

• lordofultima
    Options
    I've never really lost focus, I guess it depends on the person. It's important to look at this as a responsibility to yourself, and you have to do it no matter what your mind says.
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    I treat it like it is, an important part of my life now. I don't give myself the option to NOT do what I need to do anymore. I've been too easy on myself for too long and I refuse to go back to that part of me. Yes I ate yucky today as well, but I made sure that right after church I went straight to the gym because I knew we were having a superbowl party. And there are always other ways of getting cardio in luv you just got to make it a priority like brushing your teeth.
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    Options
    It is easy to lose focus when something is not routine. It takes 10 days or something like that to make something a routine and you get use to it. When you do that just like brushing your teeth or eating at a certain time you find you remind yourself more. The more you go the more likely you are going to go. Work out partners that you can meet at the gym help because there is always a fear of letting someone else down so that can help you get there. You can do it is the important thing. Make it a priority and stick to it.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I think there is a balance that needs to happen between being so unforgiving of yourself that when you have an off day you berate yourself and end up causing a downward spiral emotionally - or being so forgiving with yourself that you end up slacking off perpetually.
    So- you had an off day? That doesn't mean you should stop tomorrow does it? ..or just stop your endeavors to work out, get healthy or whatever they may be. When we're going to school we might miss a few days right? Sometimes we have to miss work. It doesn't mean you don't get your degree, or you get fired..do better tomorrow.
  • Tasha1476
    Options
    I've been having the same problem lately. I need to find that motivation again.
  • BetteRocker
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is at all helpful to you but it is very helpful to me. Even though sometimes I slip up, I usually always make sure I ask myself where I want to be in the next month. Do I want to be 10 lbs thinner or 10 lbs heavier? Do I want to feel like I really accomplished something or do I want to keep waiting for results that are not happening? The answer always seems to be the same so it really makes me think about the choices I'm making. Keep up the good work and try to keep focus...It takes time, as you know, but the results are always awesome!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for 3 years and can tell you that from time to time you will lose focus and get tired of eating right or not want to work out, but you just keep on. It's that simple.

Do it when you don't feel like doing it because you are capable of making yourself.

Do it because you owe it to yourself and you know how bad you want to lose weight/ be healthy/ look good. Accept the bad days and make the next day good.
  • flipmode904
    Options
    THEY DONT HAVE A 24H JIM NEAR YOU THAT MAY HELP
  • sdhiiif
    sdhiiif Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments! I feel once again motivated and can't wait for the new day!
  • mimmiroo
    mimmiroo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In all honesty sdhiiif, I think everyone over ate today because of the super bowl :)

I wouldn't beat myself up over a one day hiccup. Now if this behavior continues for the next couple of weeks...Then I'd start worrying. Just keep in mind what your total calorie intake is, drink lots and lots of water, and of course keep moderation and diversity of foods in mind.

You'll pull through this, just keep at it. It'll be hard at first, and you will make mistakes, but don't let that discourage you from continuing to pursue a healthy diet.