I am new to my fitness pal

Options
I just started my fitness pal and I love it. I wasn't aware of the calories I was consuming. I have been stressing out lately and have been over eating. In the past two months I gained ten pounds. I hope to loose these pounds ASAP. Wish me luck!
I do appreciated any advice that will help me shed the pounds.

Replies

• sdhiiif
    sdhiiif Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's a nice website because it keeps track of your net calories. Only thing, though is you must burn more than you eat.... Just keep in mind that one pound is 3,500 calories, so if you eat 1,000 less than you burn every day (including BMR + exercise), then you should be on track in 4 weeks (2 pounds/week). Of course, if you exercise more or eat less, it should be faster, unless you're building muscle (which is also good). Good luck!
  • tofeelwell
    tofeelwell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome.I know how those pounds suddenly appear but also how this site helps make counting calories easier. I've been logging in a month now but it sure helps. Be happy to be a myfitnesspal friend if you'd like.
  • elliekay47
    Options
    So nice you joined! I just started up too I really feel like this website is a good way to keep motivated message me or check out any more posts i put up GOOD LUCK!