POSTCARD CHALLENGE ROUND 16!!!!

Options
The Postcard Challenge is very simple... Post your weight as of today - 7th February - and I will make a note of it in my handy dandy notebook. Then, in 2 weeks (21st Feb), post your finishing weight and if you are the biggest loser (i.e. you lose the most weight), I will send you a postcard from the place you've never heard of... Cleveleys, England
AND... This is the biggie... You get to host the next round!!!!!

I would also love you all to make some pledges, nothing big, something you can reasonably stick to for 2 weeks.

These are mine:
every weekday - walk at home dvd, at least 3 miles,
sat/sun - walk at home, full 5 miles,
mon,wed, fri - Davina, power of 3 dvd (20mins),
tue, thu, sat/sun - 30mins each of Just Dance and Wii Fit Plus,
drink 8 glasses of water each day,
relax for 15-30 mins each day (I'll be reading a book).

I don't know that I'll achieve all of them but I'm going to give it a try!!!

So, if you want that postcard (and I know you do!), post your weight today, pledges too (I won't hold you to them, but make them something you could stick to).

Oh, and please feel free to add me (then you'll know when to post your final weights, 'cos I'll put it on my status!).

LouiseXXX

P.S. If you want to join a 'JUST DANCE CHALLENGE', here's the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/168935-just-dance-2-scores-challenge-week-5

Replies

• dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump: I weigh in Monday mornings =)
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one again Looby. I started today but forgot to weigh... ( i'll weigh tomorrow) I'm going to try to go hard core again ( it's only for 2 weeks right)

No sugar
    No wheat
    No processed foods
    No dairy
    Exercise 6 days a week cardio
    min 8 glasses of water a day
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Hi Louise; I'm back. Not losing recently so am starting this round at 176lbs and hoping to see some downward movement in the next two weeks!!! Arf Arf :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pam
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Start weight is 253.8. Goals are to drink lots and lots and lots of water. And to win one of the Just Dance 2 songs this week (I'll also settle for being in the top 3)
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Start weight is 253.8. Goals are to drink lots and lots and lots of water. And to win one of the Just Dance 2 songs this week (I'll also settle for being in the top 3)

Excellent! The songs, this week, are pretty good so that should be an incentive!!!!!

LouiseXX
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm at 241. My goal is to change that middle number to a 3 :) I'm also trying to burn 3500 calories a week.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    You know I'm in my dear Louise! Not sure on the pledges for this week as I'll be down and out for a few days due to tons of issues this week, but hopefully next week..

30min treadmil 3x week
    JD2 challenge songs 2x a day for at least 3days
    12 glasses of water everyday

SW: 199.8 ( hoping to see a 193.9 by the end of this challenge which means 50lbs gone!)
  • looby1968
    Options
    You know I'm in my dear Louise! Not sure on the pledges for this week as I'll be down and out for a few days due to tons of issues this week, but hopefully next week..

30min treadmil 3x week
    JD2 challenge songs 2x a day for at least 3days
    12 glasses of water everyday

SW: 199.8 ( hoping to see a 193.9 by the end of this challenge which means 50lbs gone!)

Great to have you in, Bru, but please keep yourself well. This week isn't going to be easy for you. I'm thinking of you and sending lots of positive vibes...
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    SW 207.2 (this is up a pound from Friday so I'm hoping it is water weight!)

Hoping to get down at least a couple of pounds to 205 by the end of the challenge! If I could get down to 35 pounds lost (203.4) I'd be ecstatic!

Goals:
    Exercise 6 days a week (at least doing SOMETHING)
    Sodium under 2300 daily
    At least 8 glasses of water daily
  • dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    weighing in at 209lbs.
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    Options
    Weight 262.

Goals--get this TOM weight gone (still up 4.2 lbs but have lost 5 of it--i know ridiculous and probably not all TOM related)! and get back to working on new weight lost. Want to get to yoga twice a week and cardio at least 3 times a week. Hopefully 4. I know its probably unrealistic but I'd like to be 249 by March. If I can get back to losing 10lbs a month I can do this. Just need to get eating in line. And renew passion with Gym--which yoga should help. Oh and water! lots of it needs to be drank!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    :angry: Ugh! 200.4 lbs this morning - up almost 4 lbs from yesterday! I'm sure its all that darn sodium from the Superbowl party! Grrrr :grumble:
  • looby1968
    Options
    Whoooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The girls are all here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yay iv been waiting to join one of these Louise!

Weight this morning - 207

Goals -

2 wii workout's per week minimum
    120 mins of power walking per week minimum

Drink lots more water!!!!!

Stay under or on 1200 cal's per day!

(My only problem is im off away this weekend which equals, drinking and eating out!! :-( Hope I dont mess up )

:-) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    It is my turn to win the postcard!!!!

Starting weight:: 248.4

Good luck all!!!
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm in I am at 170
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I feel humbled by all the girls going on this challenge. I'm not as big as you but Im still on this journey with you as I have my last few lbs to loose. I look at my friends now who were over 200lbs and have lost their weight here on MFP and I always feel in awe of them. Stick with it, its a journey and here with all the great friends and support it makes the journey really enjoyable and you learn heaps. Hotbottom: weight 125.8lb
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? Didn't see this till just now! If not my starting weigh yesterday was 255.4
  • looby1968
    Options
    Right, I have everybody's starting weights (we are a small group this time) in my notebook. If anyone else wants to join, I'll add them!

Of my 'pledges', I've managed the weekday Leslie walks, I've done Mondays 'Davina' and today's JD2 sesh (made it 60 mins rather than 30mins + Wii Fit. I was enjoying myself too much!!!).

I've also, drunk all my water and had my relaxation (I'm reading Maya Angelou's autobiographies, reading the second instalment at the mo).

How are you all doing??

LouiseXXX
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I guess I didn't put in any goals for myself. Since I'm just getting over bronchitis I have to get back at it easily. I'm hoping to do a 5K this Saturday and get back to doing the elliptical at least 3 times a week. I did get back to Zumba this week too. So basically I just need to get back on my schedule - water aerobics, Zumba, Zumba, elliptical, elliptical, elliptical! :bigsmile:

I'm hoping for a big loss soon, as I'm behind my schedule for this month so far :sad: