Slender Belts/ Tone belts etc

Options
Has anyone ever got a "good" result from using those slender belt things? the ones that basically give you an electric shock. I have tried them (cos always looking for a quick fix) but end up looking like an alien is trying to jump out my gut !!!!! your thoughts are welcome !

I just don't see how they work ?????

Replies

• ukheather
    ukheather Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I didn't see a result using mine
  • medich
    medich Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My husband's got one and used it for a year now,but I can't see much difference..
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Does your Husband see / feel a difference ?
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    i don't think they're that affective if they have too much between the belt and your abs :smile:

but at the end of the day , they are sending a pulse to your abs , so they must be doing something , and until one loses inches off their waist they're not going to see the results
  • medich
    medich Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    He says he does,but he is in the gym 5 days a week now...so, I don't know what helps more :) I've been using slendertone belt for about 3 months last year as long as I've been running on treadmill...It did toned up a bit,but I never had big belly..for medical reasons I can't use it now.
  • aimeemaryrose
    Options
    I had one and it did nothing for me
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    They can work if used each and every day

Most people that have one used it for a couple of weeks then it got neglected. (myself included) but I have known 2 people use them religiously every evening for years while sitting there watching tv, reading etc...both had fab abs and the one (a female) had a cleavage to die for. She used hers on her chest too which increased her muscles behind the boobage, boosting and firming the whole area. I've used mine on my chest but being rather blessed there it was very disconcerting to see my boobs twitching like a jelly on a plate! I had the facial pads with mine but that was horrendous...the face contorts hideously, SCARY to look at. I'm giggling just remembering!
  • bdavenport62
    Options
    My DH used one (granted a LONG time ago) and it actually burned him to the point he has a little scar on his tummy!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    @ Catcrazy, some interesting words of wisdom (and some images in my head too I might add)

I think they must do something, and I am always so busy that using one while I was emailing etc would so be the best thing in the world for me!

I know there is nothing that can or should replace some good hard work, but if they help then I will always give it a go
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, even if this did "work" you are not going to see any noticeable results unless you drop BF%.
    IE *IF* this could increase muscle mass and you still had the same BF% you would end up just looking a bit bulkier. Yikes!!

There has been some research that indicates that EMS can improve strength and it can help with wasted muscle or sports injury. VANDERTHOMMEN, M. and J. DUCHATEAU. Electrical stimulation as a modality to improve performance of the neuromuscular system. Exerc. Sport Sci. Rev., Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 180Y185, 2007.

That being said:
    I wouldn't waste my money one one of these if you want to tone up your abs.
    Actually, I would suggest doing plenty of cardio and minimal ab workouts (1x to 2x per week MAX).
    AB workouts don't do much for fat burning and people tend to over do it without ever seeing any results

Good luck!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I use the slenderize belt that has the magnet strips in the back. I don't necessarily use it for weight loss. I use it more for support. It helps me get use to tightening my stomach and keeping it tight during exercise. I've also notice that my lower back doesn't ache as much and I know its due to a combination of exercise and the magnets.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    No--they don't work and they cannot work. The "contractions" they produce are not strong to enough to have any kind of effect. The only way to get any effect would be to increase the electric stimulus to the point where it would be extremely uncomfortable, if not potentially lethal.