Always on the toilet!

Options
Does anyone else have this problem?

Since I have tried to increase my water intake I seem to spend half my life in the toilet. Should be grateful I suppose, you can't eat when you're in the loo but will it get better or do I just have dodgy plumbing? :blushing:

Replies

• nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It should get better as your body gets more used to it.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    It should get better as your body gets more used to it.

Agreed! :)
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    it gets better. when i first started the diet i had to go all the time. if it doesnt get better after a while, then i would get checked but it shouldnt be anything to worry about.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I kind of know what you mean. One of the things about increasing your water intake is that your body hangs on to less of it. This is a good thing in the long run but, yes, until your body adapts you'll find you spend a bit of time running back and forward :smile:

C
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I've ramped up my water from not a lot to 8-10 glasses a day - it DOES get better - your bladder will stretch and be able to hold more - so you'll have less frequent visits to pee.

Keep it up - water helps your body to do all the processes we do with food really well, particularly if you are eating more protein than you have done in your old diet.

You're doing really well - it is worth it....... :happy:
  • columbiasmiles
    columbiasmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will get better. I was about every 15 minutes for about 3 days then it got better and better. I am pushing (except for this weekend I was bad) about 64 to 80 oz pure H20. That is all I drink and then I night I have a bout 4oz of coke and 1 oz of spiced rum as a treat (I almost out of spice rum, LOL).
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I echo this. I have been drinking 8 glasses of water a day since I was about 19 years old and I remember when I first started I would be peeing every hour! Now I don't pee any more often than the average person. In fact, I had totally forgotten I was a very regular pee'er until I read your post! Give your bladder a chance to stretch out. Can you imagine what a shock it must have going from holding not a lot to getting pumped with 2L of water per day?? lol
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm totally hoping you guys are right! It was cold today and I was in and out of work every 10 minutes at one stage today... the other girls in my area probably thought I was nuts!

Does anyone have a time frame of when to expect the urge to lessen?
  • chrish1981
    Options
    That's part of the reason why I never drink all of my water for the day. I like, seriously, wouldn't get anything else accomplished!
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    It does get better!!! I am still struggling to do my 8 glasses of water a day - but I am in the loo much less lately!
  • tazzy69
    Options
    hi im new to this to but im really loving the lbs shed off so easyly so i dnt mind spending time in the loo if its shedding lbs
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I did too at first but it will slack up after a while.
  • EmilyLouise324
    Options
    I'm going through exact same thing at the moment! Its a real pain especially at work but its worth it cos the fat and toxins get flushed through your body.
    I haven't found its let up yet and its my 3rd week now :s

lol
  • cakeyrach
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who've answered, I know it sounds silly but I hoped it wasn't just me. Will just have to put up with it and wait for the flab to disappear as compensation! :smile:
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    I'm totally hoping you guys are right! It was cold today and I was in and out of work every 10 minutes at one stage today... the other girls in my area probably thought I was nuts!

Does anyone have a time frame of when to expect the urge to lessen?

It took me 1.5 weeks or so. It got so much better!