Looking for some more friends

Options
Hi there,

I've been on here for a while now and then lost track in October due to work commitments putting a strain on personal life meant that I slipped to eating quick fixes and not being able to the gym.

By day I work as a pension complaints handler working 7am to 5pm Mon to Thurs, and then work as a mobile beauty therapist evenings and Friday to Sunday.

I was diagnosed with gallstones but up to recently they haven't been causing too much of a problem and was given two options which were to either have surgery or control through a low fat diet. I opted for the 2nd one as I've not had surgery before and the thought of it is very daunting. Also I wanted to lose another stone before considering surgery. Its now come to the point that I know I will need surgery but need to lose at least a stone beforehand (I have a consultation on 24 Feb and will probably look to have surgery at end of March)

But throughout Jan I've have struggled to control my eating and as result ended up putting on half stone instead. Last week I've managed to maintain my weight and started to get back on here as often as I can. My work commitments are less than before but will still be busy till end of Feb 2011. Today is a new start and sticking to cals and start exercising more.

I've have some good friends already on here but am looking for more so that we can help each other out with encouragement and support and not to judge.

Volatile Chocolate (aka Una)

Replies

• HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    late welcome..good luck with your journey...
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi Una,

Congratulations on your progress so far :) I know that medical conditions like the one you're facing can be pretty scary (I have a couple of my own), but I'm so glad that you're taking back some control over the situation by truly taking care of yourself. If you're looking for a little extra support and encouragement, I'd love to be your friend!! Personally, I'm not a judger. I believe all of our efforts are worthwhile, and if you never fail... that means you're not trying hard enough!

Best wishes
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi Una!

I'd love to be your friend. I need to lose 12lbs - weight gained after foot op (am slowly recovering) & Christmas & New Year over-eating. I work as company secretary/general dogsbody/you-name-it-I-do-it for our family firm of heating engineers, so spend most of my days sitting down.

I started here in January & have lost 5.2 lbs so far - I track everything I eat. I try to eat fairly healthily during the day ...then I can have an evening treat if I have enough calories left. It's working so far :smile:

Sue xx
  • my8kidsmom
    my8kidsmom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi! and Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend :) Good luck!