Wake up call

Options
This past week was a huge wake up call... tracking the things I would eat made me realize I need to crack down. I have started eating healthier but I still hav my horrible binge days. Since I am now at my heaviest weight ever and my doctor told me that if I don't lose weight I will most likely develop diabetes and possibly be unable to have children because of my PCOS I am definately doing this for me. I showed my friend my wedding pictures the other day (50 lbs lighter) and it was a big slap in the face. I need to do this. And this will be great because as long as I kick my butt into gear everyday I should be able to do this in a year. This is great timing since my hubby will be deploying in July and returning around next Valentines day! Thanks for listening! :)

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Anytime....You sound like I was when I began my journey. Try not to have those binge days--that is not going to help in the long-term. You want to try to make a better healthy lifestyle by cutting those out. Good luck!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey

My daughter was told she had PCOS, and lost over 100lbs in under a year with exercise and healthy eating it can be done!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Sorry to hear that your husband is going to be deployed. I will keep him in my prayers. You have found the best place to lose weight. I joined on July 4, 2010 and have lost 68 pounds as of 2 weeks ago, I only weigh every month now. I love it here and have been very pleased with my progress. I know you will love it here too. About the binge days, just keep focused on the end results. Each day you stick to your plan brings you closer to your goal, that's what I do, hope that it will help you too. Good luck on your weight loss journey, please feel free to add me as a friend, I will be glad to help motivate and support you along the way.

Take Care and tell your husband "thanks for his service.”
  • christydufrene78
    Options
    sounds like you ready to do it!!! good luck to you and wish you well!!!!!
  • carmen62
    Options
    Good luck. What a great goal to have. Plenty of people to give you support here and it isn't threatening, so go for it. It is going to be stressful with your husband away, but nurture yourself so that you can be ready to nurture him on his return.
  • IMDABOMBthe0wife0DABEAST
    Options
    You can do it. My husband and I did this on our own in 2010 and joind MFP in Jan 2011. There is great support here. We found that entering in our food on the tracker ahead of time helps us stay on track better. Good luck on your Journey .
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You'll find all the support and friendship you'll need right here on MFP! I'd recommend finding a gym in your area that has a friendly atmosphere (child care if you need it), a good range of fitness classes and great trainers. They can draw up a program for you to help you reach your goal by Valentine's Day 2012. I can't recommend Aqua Aerobics and Zumba classes enough!

Best of luck to both you and your husband.
  • kaylamae90
    Options
    Thanks guys! sorry I didn't respond sooner. My internet was out for a few days! >.<