Lost 5.5 k in 6 days

Options
Hi all just joined. I downloaded this app to my phone last Monday for my hubby. He weighed in yesterday at the gym and has lost a massive 5.5 kilos!! Well done him. He also has been to the gym 4 times in those 6 days and his average calorie was under 600 a day!! We r very impressed. I am I'm afraid a bean pole and I have now joined as need to put on weight at 1/2 lb a week. Good luck to out there if you are over or under x

Replies

• reemasolanki
    Options
    That is really good that he has lost weight, but do try to encourage him to take on more calories as eating too few is not good for him. I realise he is exercising, but he should be trying to eat some of that back or his body may not respond well if it is kept up. It may even go into starvation mode and he may then find he cannot loose any more weight.
  • mum23
    mum23 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    he lost 12 lbs in a week?
  • Schaus123
    Options
    Yes! X
  • Schaus123
    Options
    Ty for your reply. I told him he can afford to have a couple of slices of bread to up the carbs. It's all trial and error at mo. But this is defo working as u can see what you need to cut down on or up x going to get multi vits x
  • mum23
    mum23 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    it is really great that he is on the weight loss band wagon, but doing it that severly is really not going to be good for his long term health. 600 cals is nothing. there is a part on here, where you put in all your details and your targets adn it sets you a minumin requirement for your intake. it is a very good idea to have a look at it.
  • Lola_B
    Lola_B Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    it is really great that he is on the weight loss band wagon, but doing it that severly is really not going to be good for his long term health. 600 cals is nothing. there is a part on here, where you put in all your details and your targets adn it sets you a minumin requirement for your intake. it is a very good idea to have a look at it.

Losing more in the first week is pretty common, especially if you have a lot to loose. (Also, I think she meant he ate 600 less than what he could eat, not 600 total).
  • Schaus123
    Options
    Hi thanks for your replies. Yes meant he was 600 under on average per day. He is allowed 2500 per day but bear in mind that he has been going to the gym 4 times a week and on average he has been burning off 500 calories per session which is then taken off of his allowance that he had already consumed in the day. He is eating quite alot and isn't getting hungry either. I have been cooking him things like fresh sea bass fillet with steamed potatoes and veg. We feel by recording it on the site it gives him a boost as he can see the results.