Anyone need to put on weight?

Options
I am actually asking this question on behalf of my husband who, unlike myself, can NEVER put on any weight. He has a very high metabolic rate and a very active job (he's an assistant gardener on a very busy estate). We do try to feed him as much as we can but nothing works.

He wants to start trying food supplements or meal replacemens which will help him to put the pounds back on - can anyone suggest anything?? Any advice you can give would be great.

Replies

• christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My husband has the same problem, we've started using protein drinks, and he eats peanut butter for snacks, he's gained a little weight.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well if he wants to put on weight you should figure out what his calorie intake would be to maintain weight. Then he should eat more calories then that number to gain. What might be a good idea is for him to lift weights and gain muscle mass. Meal replacements would be good for him as a snack threw out the day but not to replace his meal. Meal replacements are normally designed so that a person eats less calories.
  • xxnicxx
    Options
    Weight lifting and protein shakes (you can get some that are really high in calories) will help. He needs to eat high calorie foods but nutritrious ones. Nuts are probably a good snack for him to have. Make sure he has a good breakfast and small regular meals throuhout the day will help with lots of protein.

:-)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    theres tons of shakes that are weight gainers they have like 1000 calories per shake. a lot of body builders drink them.:drinker: