HCG Question

Options
I know this subject is very controversial and I really hope this doesn't turn into a huge "fight". Just looking for those who are for it and where you suggest buying it from?

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    I don't know a lot about it, but a good friend of mine is on it. She's lost 18 pounds since the first of January. She had to go to a special doctor. She paid $300 for the "session" and she has to go in once a week to weigh in a get her B12 shot. The diet is extremely strict and she was really hungry for the first month, but now she can eat a little more and it isn't as bad. Not sure this helps, but it's my two cents. :)
  • tracybarnes1
    tracybarnes1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am completely for it if you can deal with all the rules (you can't even put lotion or deodorant on-and only natural soaps and shampoo, because your body will absorb it, crazy scary)...I bought last month, but chickened out. I have a heart condition and was to scared that it would cause some damage. However I have a good friend that did it successfully and lost a ton-40lbs (you will gain back, as you can't stay on a 500 cal. diet w/o the hcg). Good luck with whatever you choose. The website I used hcgdiet.com
  • cindyco1
    Options
    A local pharmacy where I live sells the homeopathic sublingual (drops under the toungue) kind for $70. Theres not much info or support that comes with it and it is a very tought diet to follow. Besides the restrictive 500 calories per day while your on the diet, you cant have any sugar or refined carbohydrates for another 3 weeks after you finish taking it (thats another 3 weeks after the 30 days that you only get 500 calories). It does work though. Also, watching what you eat so closely for so long gets you into a good habit of healthy eating if you can make it through the 500 calorie phase ( and yes, I was still hungry). Beware, DO NOT CHEAT! Just as you lose crazy amounts while your on the diet, YOU WILL GAIN CRAZY AMOUNTS IF YOU CHEAT WHILE TAKING IT. Another crazy thing was that I got a horrible rash (not hives) that left scarring on my back from taking it. Just be careful and prepared if you decide to do it.
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    The only information I have heard about it is that yes, you WILL lose weight WHILE ON THE DIET, but once you stop and consume more than 500 calories a day or stop taking HCG, you will gain it all back. It's a temporary fix to a problem that needs to be addressed with lifestyle changes, not a shot or pill or supplement.