Half marathon

Options
I'm really new to running and was hoping to do a half marathon at the end of this year (it's something I've always wanted to do) just wondering if it's possible to go from no running to a half marathon in 8 months.

Need some inspiration and for someone to tell me it can be done.

Replies

• fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It's completely possible!!! If you stick to a training plan and train hard, you could absolutely do a half marathon in 8 months!! Good luck!! They are awesome runs!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    8 month is a great timeframe for a half . Start with C25K

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Then google a program to do a half.
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • alexj8403
    Options
    Absolutely! Which one are you thinking of running??? I'm doing my first half marathon in Chicago in September & am already a little nervous about it. I'm going to sign up for a 10k in May so that I have a mini goal in the meantime :)
  • minky_77
    Options
    Also wondered if anyone knew of a good training plan or websites which are useful, at the moment I'm up to running for 5 mins at a time on a treadmill, then walking for 2 mins, and once the weather improves I'll be hitting the great outdoors.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    A lot of people recommend Hal Higdon or Jeff Galloway. I personally would get on Runner's World magazine's website and look up free training plans for beginners on there. They have some excellent ones.
    Also wondered if anyone knew of a good training plan or websites which are useful, at the moment I'm up to running for 5 mins at a time on a treadmill, then walking for 2 mins, and once the weather improves I'll be hitting the great outdoors.