How has this site helped you??

Options
I'm new to this site so I haven't been able to read all of the posts, so i figured I would just ask.....

How has this site helped you?? Im just wondering because I have been on this site for only a few days but I have noticed that it is really helping me watch what I eat. I can't get over how many things I would have eaten (junkfood mostly) that the site has prevented me from eating. My problem, well, one of them, is to limit what I eat during the day. I love to snack on anything and everything. Seeing the calories I eat all day really makes me stop and think. I even stopped drinking soda because I don't want the extra calories. Ive even been going to the gym!!!!

Hopefully I continue and see some results as well.

I wish you all lots of luck and best wishes!!!!!!

Replies

• nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site so I haven't been able to read all of the posts, so i figured I would just ask.....

How has this site helped you?? Im just wondering because I have been on this site for only a few days but I have noticed that it is really helping me watch what I eat. I can't get over how many things I would have eaten (junkfood mostly) that the site has prevented me from eating. My problem, well, one of them, is to limit what I eat during the day. I love to snack on anything and everything. Seeing the calories I eat all day really makes me stop and think. I even stopped drinking soda because I don't want the extra calories. Ive even been going to the gym!!!!

Hopefully I continue and see some results as well.

I wish you all lots of luck and best wishes!!!!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    This site has helped me lose the baby weight from my first & second baby(7 & 2 years old).
    My asthma is under control now.
    It's helping me get healthier everyday.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • kewlmama
    Options
    hi nikii...this site has helped me tremendously...as with you ....now i watch what im eating ...i find im also exercising more....because this site calculates everything for you....i watch and make sure i dont go over my goal of calories per day...and if i find im going to i get on my bike first..and pedal like crazy lol...my goal each day is to have at least 10 calories left over...and so far i have done it everyday since i've joined this sight....good luck to you...and we'll probably chat again..:tongue:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I've only been on this site for a week, but already I notice that it really helps me be accountable for the things I am putting in my mouth! Since this site calculates everything I think twice before eating something that I don't really NEED. =o)
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    It helps me becasue I "have" to check in and count everything that hits these lips...yes even the wine! I like the boards...they are very helpful.....we are all here due to the same feeling of need/want...less weight, eating healthier to be healthier....etc...It is amazing.

dd
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This site has helped me watch what I put in my mouth. The working out part has never been a problem for me. I actually love to workout and run (except for asthma slows down at times :grumble: ) But that's getting under control from yoga :happy: Anyways, I can now see the calories I'm putting into my body. It kinda makes me sick to think about how many calories I was eating before this. But yeah it's awesome!

<3 Kelsey
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    It helps to keep track of what you eat and what you do to burn it off.
    But the MOST important thing I have gotten from this site is a group of friends that I will have for the REST OF MY LIFE!
    You are wonderful each and everyone!
    And BTW!!! You know who you are!
    The support system here is wonderful.
    --Diann...
  • stargirlie
    Options
    i picked up my favourite bar of chocolate the other day, and i actually put it down as i didnt want to go over my calories! there was 35g of fat in the small pack, 8 mini bars, i was in shock, i have had some small bits of chocolate this week, without going over my calories, but nothing like that.

this site has helped me realise what i am eating and how to make better healthier choices. :flowerforyou:

i love it, i log on every day :happy:
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have learned how important it is to log my food. That lesson will stick with me forever and I carry it with me everyday. When I need more inspiration or feel like I am falling back on my goals, I log in and read the great posts and can feel the energy and stregth that we share as a group.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It's helped me keep better track of what I'm eating.
  • Cheyanne
    Options
    I love the fact that all I have to do is type what I have eaten, and this site adds it up, gives me encouragement, and tracks my progress! Plus all of the people here are in different spots. Some are new like us, and need tips. Some have been here a while and weathered through the hard spots , and have words of wisdom. Then there are the ones that have made it, and Although I am jealous, I am proud to read about there succcess ! :bigsmile:
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    Counting calories and fat(with exercise of course) is the only thing thats ever worked for me, it just makes it so much easier to keep track