Hello

Options
Hey,
I just downloaded the app last week and figured I'd introduce myself as I figure I'll be sticking around doing this. I am a jr high wrestling coach and was not in good shape this year so now that the year is over I'm looking at losing about 30 lbs to get back to a healthy weight where I can get back to wrestling with the guys during practice (the other coaches are those fat coaches that just it on the wall and blow a whistle, I don't want to be THAT coach).

Well as you can guess, I'm a guy (I didn't see a lot of guys posting, but hey, I'm all for talking to a bunch of women. I found the app because one of the women I work with has it and she said it worked for her.

Well, thats it.

Talk to everyone later, add me if you wish.

-JOHN

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck!
  • lawsmommy26
    lawsmommy26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey John welcome! Yeah there isn't too many men on here but it's a great website for recipes and whatnot! Good luck add me if you want...
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey John:

Welcome to MFP.

John and Knighttrain:

Check out the Man Cave:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/162376-man-cave-any-guys-on-mfp
  • Jamiem2011
    Jamiem2011 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I recently joined via the phone app but love the additional resources on the web. I started my diet/excercise endeavour 12/27 and am down 11.7 pounds with 24.3 to go. Having access via phone is helping keep me accountable for what goes in my mouth:)

Welcome John! I get it with the not wanting to be the "coach on the wall". I am doing this because I didn't want to be the "mom on the wall" anymore! Good luck!!
  • tcd77
    tcd77 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, welcome and good luck to you! I just joined as well and am finding some great tools and support here!
  • EllyK09
    Options
    Hi John. I just joined as well. Good luck getting started!