Need a low-cal low-sodium chicken noodle soup recipe!

Options
knighttrain74
knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
During the winter I love having soup for lunch at work....I've been having the Progressive Light soups at lunch but they have sooooo much sodium in them! Does anyone have a good recipe that I could make? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    What if you used progreeso's low sodium chicken broth and just add fresh veggies and your own chicken.
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Try this:
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4222/chicken-noodle-soup

This website has a really good healthy section and alot of their recipes are great.

Hope it helps!
  • nanmosta1
    Options
    Chicken soup couldn't be easier. All you need is a pre-cooked rostierre Chicken (you can use white meat only), large container of fat free chicken broth, frozen mixed vegetables or peas and carrot mix. Noodles can be your choice, you can do a no yolk egg noodle, whole grain noodle, or I have been using the tofu noodles. If you use the tofu, make sure you follow package directions. You can find the in your deli section in your health food store normally. (Hint;you can cook your noodles seperate, portion out how much you want andput them in ziplocks in your freezer. run under hot water to use inyour soup portion)Throw it all together, cook till vegetbles are warm. Saesoning can be just salt and pepper, or throw 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning in. The broth gives you all the flavor. If you want to makeit a bit more complicated, I throw the whole cooked rostierre chicken in the pot with some water, just enough to cover like 2/3 of chicken, cover and cook on low for about 1 hour, pull out chicken, take off skin and de=-bone. This gives the broth a very rich flavor. I also buy those disposable freezer tupperware at the market and freeze batches of soup to take out as needed. Hope this helped
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!