Favorite Meal Replacement Bar?

Options
Hey there! Going to the store later- any suggestions for a (good) low calorie bar? I've tried a few that taste like cardboard & I didn't know if there was any hope for a tasty low-calorie bar or if this is more like an oxymoron? Thanks! ;)

Replies

• itsjustme77
    Options
    Think Thin Bars are excellent. My favorite is the white chocolate chip. The nut bars are good too, but I eat those as a treat.
  • Mother23
    Options
    I eat the 100 calorie kudo bars,or they also have the 90 calorie cereal bars as well. Their good!
  • romstein
    Options
    advocare is what i take, its good stuff have to order it online though inbox me if you want my site. not trying to advertise it trust giving you a really good option. advocare has worked wonders for me
  • crystal9999
    crystal9999 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love the Strawberry Special K protein Meal Replacement bars!!! They are delicious!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I eat Quaker Chewy 90 calorie granola bars. Don't think its a meal replacement bar, but it is definitely a decent snack that doesn't harm you too much.
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I actually just found and am enjoying the Atkins Advantage Peanut Fudge Granola Bar. I use them mainly for a dessert or snack because they are low carb (I am diabetic) The Nutrition Facts are:

200 Calories
    10g Fat
    240mg Sodium
    180mg Potassium
    17g TOTAL Carb
    9g Dietary Fiber
    1g Sugar
    16g Protein

Kind of pricy at $7.00 for a box of 5 but they have been good for me
  • hardybelle83
    Options
    Look for something HIGH in protein!
    I like Luna Protein bars. Also the Zone Perfect bars are great, too. Kashi makes a great bar that is a little lower in protein than the first two I mentioned, but tastes great. They are all around 200 or so calories.
  • amcswain01
    amcswain01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Special K Double Chocolate. I eat one for breakfast a lot when I don't have time to eat in the morning. Very filling!
  • WanabeHotMama
    WanabeHotMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I'm going to write a few of these down & take a look at them! :smile:
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I like the fiberone bars taste like a candy bar (almond one is my favorite w dark cocolate) or the atkins bars i like alot also
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Special K Double Chocolate. I eat one for breakfast a lot when I don't have time to eat in the morning. Very filling!

I second this - I eat it for lunch when I am too busy or for dinner if I don't have enough cals for an actual dinner that day - very filling and soo delicious :)
  • WanabeHotMama
    Options

I second this - I eat it for lunch when I am too busy or for dinner if I don't have enough cals for an actual dinner that day - very filling and soo delicious :)

I am FOR SURE checking these out! My weakness is chocolate & it would be nice to have a less guilty lternative while using it as a meal replacement.
  • debsg55
    debsg55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber One bars (oats and caramel are my fav). They only have 140 calories - make a great filling snack, but I don't usually use them as a total meal replacement. I try to eat between 350 and 400 calories per meal, but sometimes I'll do the fiber bar with yogurt for breakfast.

Good Luck!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Special K and bars like that are packed with sugar. Look for something high in protein and lower in sugar.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat bars too much; prefer to eat real food if I can. But, in a pinch, I'll eat a Pure Protein (small size) bar. I haven't tried Think Thin bars. But, those look like a good option; packed with protein and no sugar.
  • WanabeHotMama
    Options
    I try not to eat bars too much; prefer to eat real food if I can. But, in a pinch, I'll eat a Pure Protein (small size) bar. I haven't tried Think Thin bars. But, those look like a good option; packed with protein and no sugar.

I agree with you on that! I don't plan on using them daily but just when I'm on the go and want to make sure fast food isn't too convenient. If I keep a bar in my car I wont have an excuse to go through a drive through. I've done really well & haven't had much in the way of fast food so I'm trying to keep it that way :happy:
  • 35again
    35again Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love the 2:1 Protein Bars, especially the White Crispy Crunch ones since they are lower cal, low carb, and tons of protein:

Calories 230
    Total Fat 7 g
    Saturated 6 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g
    Trans 0 g
    Cholesterol 10 mg
    Sodium 200 mg
    Potassium 0 mg
    Total Carbs 15 g
    Dietary Fiber 3 g
    Sugars 6 g
    Protein 30 g
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    luna bars white chocolate macadamia nut!!!!! OHHHH SOOO GOOOOD
  • closermotion
    closermotion Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    luna caramel brownie bars are also deluxe. YUM. generally any kind of cliff brand bar, i love. the cliff kids bars included!

cliff uses cane sugar and natural ingredients rather than high fructose corn syrup; and they are high in protein, iron, fiber, and calcium.
  • amie1004
    amie1004 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    LOVE the Luna Bars too! :) THey have some REALLY yummy flavors