Re-motivating myself---need support!

Options
I've decided to kick this up a notch....I've lost 10 lbs in 3 months and know I can do better if I continue to track what is going IN MY MOUTH. Any supporters out there? I'd like to lose about 15-20 lbs more before Summer!

Replies

• shenschen
    Options
    workout harder and possibly add interval training to your workout if you are up to it! :) I hang up clothes that are a size too small so i see them everyday when i wake up!
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love to take a walk with the family in the evenings before dinner because any exercise done before eating kicks up the metabolisim!!!! I just added it recently because i lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks but am wanting to lose just a little faster because i am involved in a 90 day challange my bff started for ppl she knows that all wanted to lose weight. That is when i found this site. and have kicked it up a notch each week to cause muscle confusion
  • Baregravity
    Baregravity Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    two things for ya.
    1. me personally i have always been able to lose weight 3x30lbs or more. problem: keeping it off. so when i say i can lose weight trust me. but what i found out this time, tracking food, is weigh(pun intended) more important than i had ever thought. examples include calorie distribution by tracking, what i mean is just by tracking you realize how dense calorie rich certain foods are like milk. it also helps in that you now know exactly where your calories come from and how to adjust accordingly for the long run of being able to keep off the weight.
    2. for support i decided since i am often very successful in keeping my word to my friends and family, i have since enlisted there help. i now post my goals and my daily food diary using social networks like facebook and twitter. it helps motivate me a little, as well as keeping me accountable, knowing that anyone can just look at what i am eating and doing and what i want to accomplish
    good luck!!!
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    there is supportout there hon :) we r all here for the same ultimate goal

feel free to add me

best wishes
    kirstie x
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've decided to kick this up a notch....I've lost 10 lbs in 3 months and know I can do better if I continue to track what is going IN MY MOUTH. Any supporters out there? I'd like to lose about 15-20 lbs more before Summer!

i AGREE WITH SHENSCHEN - Workout harder and add interval training to your workout...this week was my BIGGEST weight loss week after slow progress - I up'd my workout (pulled out my old Billy Blanks Bootcamp DVD's) did them 4 times last week ATD more calories (made sure to EAT MY EXERCISE CALORIES) and lost 4.2 1lbs since my last weigh in last Monday - doing a 6 week challenge with a group of women on MFP (40+) we end on Feb 26th...hope to be down to 173.8 lbs or less - started my workout on Nov 18, 2010 at 193.8 and as of today down to 178.4...still a ways to go, but hope to hit My Feb 26th goal...

STAY ENCOURAGED - this is a LIFE LONG Marathon not a sprint and we have to STICK with it, we want lose weight "every" week but if you stick with it, increase your workout - EAT the right things (not diet just watch your choices, portion size control) and stay within the calories given you by MFP, it will work. Try to make as many healthy choices as you can - fruits, veggies & lean meat, you don't have to strave or deprive yourself ALL the time....This weekend I enjoyed Red Lobster and Baskin Robins Ice cream, it's all about portion, moderation, and hard work.

YOU CAN DO THIS...REMEMBER YOU ARE WORTH IT!

Feel free to add my as a FRIEND as well.
  • kitt7769
    Options
    I am in the midst of re-motivating myself, so I know what you mean about support!

I have a great fiance who is a former power lifter and he has me doing strength training M W F and Cardio T Th S... I choose to do the Saturday workout because I still have a lot to lose but I could have choosen to have 2 days off.

Plus I like the variation... keeps the exercise interesting. :)