Somewhat new to FitnessPal and looking for friends and motiv

Options
Hi, my name is Liz. I'm 26 and live in Reno, NV. I've been fighting my weight for the last 18 years, and was diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) on January 1st, 2010. The last year has not been easy on me, and on December 31... I ate an entire bucket of KFC chicken plus two large sides and drank a 2 litre bottle of coke. I did this in 4 hours, cried for 2 hours, and made a decision.
I haven't had fried food since January 1, except the occasional stolen fry. I haven't touched soda since the first of the year, and I'm counting every single calorie. I've lost 15 pounds... and I need to keep going!
Just looking for friends to help keep me going so I don't plateau and never recover!

Replies

• mroberts2702
    mroberts2702 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job so far!! I lost 5 lbs the first week just by ditching my sodas!!! Keep up the good work & the payoff is amazing!
  • ibba
    ibba Posts: 9
    Options
    Sort of the same boat as you!
    I found myself eating mc donalds everyday just for the sake of it, 2 weeks ago i decided i'm never touching that disgusting stuff again! Keep up with the good work! :)
  • rmeadows71
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, this is a great community full of support! Feel free to friend me if you like. Good luck on your journey!
  • cbonuz
    cbonuz Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi! It sounds like you're ready to lose it...the weight I mean! LOL Weight loss is not easy, you have to really want it. But, you are on the right track now. The MFP program is the best I've ever done. Counting calories IS the way to lose. Congratulations on your loss so far. Visit your pals everyday, you will find compassion, support, motivation, friendship, and understanding. You can do this! Count me as a new friend!! :happy:
  • oldscratch
    Options
    Dont quit Liz!! keep up the good work! WE ARE HERE FOR U.
  • martynepugh
    Options
    I used to eat the takeaways a lot about 4 or 5 years ago, I would finish work and take the wife and kids to burger king, I would have a whopper meal, larged up and 2 cheeseburgers, then finish off everyone elses left overs. Then work stopped and I replaced take aways with cider and cheap ready made burgers & pies.

I stopped this about 6 months ago after my marriage ended and moved in with my sister & her family. 6 months later I have lost 117lbs, I go to the gym 3 days a week and don't drink cider anymore.

Its tough at the beginning but with the will to succeed, a bit of exercise and accepting that you will have the odd bad day, anything is possible.

A good amount of people wishing you well helps a great deal as well :smile:

Good luck, I know you can do it!!