Why won't the fat go away???

Options
Help! I have been counting calories and exercising since Nov 1st, and am only down 11 lbs!! What the heck?? I've been told to drink more water....eat more protein....blah, blah, blah. I am not a huge meat eater---especially when it comes to poultry. My famous saying is, "It's all about convenience" is especially true in my menu. Any ideas?

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    You are down 11 pounds. That's almost 4 pounds a month (starting with November 2010) which equates to about a pound a week. I'd call that one heck of a success! You are doing it the slow and safe way meaning you have a higher chance on keeping it off forever!
  • fadingsecret
    Options
    11lbs in 9 weeks is great, its a slow process and totally frustrating but 11lbs in 9weeks is great and healthy.
    Good Luck on losing the rest.
    Xx
  • hollyshobbies
    Options
    maybe trying adding some nuts or planters nut bars ( by the granola bars) into your diet. convenience usually means something processed. so try to stay away from that. maybe you can get a premade salad from your grocery store or a bowl of fresh fruit that is already cut up ( near the produce section, not the sugary ones with syrup)
  • sldsld
    sldsld Posts: 13
    Options
    11 lbs -- that's great! You shouldn't be feeling down. Heck if you can maintain that pace just think of where you'll be by summer 2011 :glasses: Remember the tale of the tortoise and the hare - slow and steady...
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Thats a fantastic loss. I am averaging 1lb a week and am really happy.

Its a healthy way of losing it. Don't be discouraged.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    It's sad you don't like chicken, cuz it's one of the easiest, most convenient foods to prepare (I have several recipes that take 30 mins or less). Same for Fish. Fish is fast too.

Keep your carbs in check. If you're eating more than 150 a day, you're eating way too much. Scale back to 100 even.

And 11 lbs in 2 months is a success. I've lost 11 lbs in the last 6 months. Just eat clean (veggies, meat, fruit), and stay active.
  • WanabeHotMama
    WanabeHotMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone! I think that's amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Help! I have been counting calories and exercising since Nov 1st, and am only down 11 lbs!! What the heck?? I've been told to drink more water....eat more protein....blah, blah, blah. I am not a huge meat eater---especially when it comes to poultry. My famous saying is, "It's all about convenience" is especially true in my menu. Any ideas?

11 pounds in 3 months is a nice safe pace.

I can't see your diary, but I am going to call you on on your "it's all about convenence" comment. Cutting calories may work for awhile, bit over time it becomes more about WHERE those calories come from. There is a big difference between 1400 cals from a well balanced diet based on fresh fruits/veggies, whole grains, lean protein, low fat dairy and good fats and 1400 cals of instant oatmeal, lean cuisines and 100 calorie snack packs. Now before anyone knocks me about that statement, I understand that portion control is a critical piece of the equation, especially when people are starting out. I'm just saying there are better choices.

I would encourage you to take a long hard look @ WHAT you are eating.
  • Akerman
    Options
    You need to really look at what you are doing. The scales by themselves can be very discouraging. To many people judge their progress by the numbers on the scales. If you are exercising and counting your calories you have to take into account that you may also have gained some muscle while losing fat. Muscle weights more then fat so......sometimes its hard to tell.
    The best gauge for your weight loss would be your clothes. Also taking progress pictures can be helpful. You look at yourself everyday in the mirror so its tough for you to see changes....but pictures don't lie.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    That's only a little less than a pound a week. Depending on how much you have to lose, that could be a great rate of loss. If you are less than 25 lbs. over your goal, you're doing fine--slow and steady. A million people tune into Biggest Loser because it isn't normal to lose that much weight in that amount of time.
  • gooteek
    Options
    I have found if you are very agressive with diet and exercise (run for me) every day, you can lose 2 pounds a week and still maintain good health. One pound a week is very good...that is 52 pounds a year.

Drink lots of water, stay away from whites (sugar, refined flours, creams), and eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Also, eat Whole Grains (not just wheat).

Remember, it is more than just how much weight you drop, you must do it in a healthy manner and be happy along the way or why do it.