Getting it under control finally!

Options
I've been dieting and exercising hard for about a month now. I've only lost about 8lbs. so far, with about 60 more to go to hit my long term goal, but honestly, I can't remember ever feeling this good physically. I'm stronger, more alert, and to be honest, my body has never looked as muscular as it does from just a month of weight training.

My goal is to have a physique I can be proud of by this summer, and I feel like I'm well on my way.

My program is loosely based off of Body For Life, but I'm taking some liberties with it that suit me better.

Either way, that's my story, I started a month ago at 301lbs, and I'm down to 293lbs and still dropping.

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! Looks like you are on your way to reaching a healthy lifestyle.
  • johnny_k
    johnny_k Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You will find a lot of support and assistance at MFP. Good luck on your journey.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    congats on the 8lbs! Every pound is one closer to your goal! MFP is great for support and tools!!!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Actually, "only" 8 lbs means that you are losing at the recommended pace, so you are doing good. You want to do this the healthy way, so that it sticks. So keep up the gradual, healthy rate of fat loss :)
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Wow... what kind of exercises do you do? Do you just run? :) Do you recommend if you want a fast loss to just run or do other things too? :D I need some ideas what to do because I think that ... my college serves really nasty food, and it's making it harder for me to lose weight because a lot of the food is really bad for you. Grr... I am not happy that I can not buy my own foods outside of campus D;

ShifuYaku <3
  • polrwht07
    Options
    I keep it pretty simple. I eat at least 5 times a day, 6 if I'm not too full. I have a protein, and a carb at every meal, and add at least 1 veggie to 3 of the meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). The first thing I switched up was drinking diet soda. I'm a soda drinker, chronically. It took me about two weeks to not be disgusted with the taste of diet, but now I'm drinking it instead of regular soda, and I'm only drinking about two a day.

Also, I increased my water intake, from about zero, to around 90 oz. a day. Which sounds like a lot, but if you just get a large container and fill it up, without knowing it you can burn through it about two times in a day. I've found that by drinking water I don't find myself starving between meals. Also I'm eating so frequently, and the food is all healthy, so my body burns it all as fuel instead of it just sitting in my stomach like a greasy burger.

Environment is a huge factor for weight loss. If you're in an area where all you can eat is junk food, then you're only going to eat junk food.

But that's been my start to weight loss, hope the info helps.