Weight loss program $$$

Options
II have been doing this weight loss program for several months. I have had success, but according to their program I should be at my goal weight by now. I should have lost 67 lbs in 5 months. Personally I think thats rushing it a bit. I have gone down 35 lbs. Anyway, to reach my goal weight they will want more money of course. I am thinking about dropping their program and just coninuing doing fitness pal. since I started this, I have really good success just keeping track and working out. I'm really addicted to this site. I dont' like to be given a date , it is too stressful and can be discoureging if you don't reach it by then.
Feed back

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Stick with MFP...it's free and you are able to work at your own pace. Why pay for it if you don't have to?

Congrats on your loss so far!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem with weight loss programs is most of them are out for money. I remember being on one in high school and weighing 135 lbs the "nutritionist" insisted that I should weigh 125 and was angry at me for plateauing at 135! I was a rail! I'm 5'6. I was in a size 4! I was on the swim team barely eating and she wanted me to go on an all liquid diet until I lost the last 10 pounds! Since then yes I have gained over 100 pounds but my negative body image came from her! Can you believe telling a 15 year old that 135 is fat! AAARRRGGGHHH!
    I started my weight loss in November and am down 26 pounds. Slow and steady wins the race. I have learned that by writing down everything that I put in my mouth I control my weight loss and my goal is a healthy 160 not some crazy random number that some chick decided for me.
  • Mamaheatherhg
    Options
    id say drop the program why pay money when you have this and can do it on your own with all of our support, you can use the money to buy new clothes
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I've had success on MFP also, but I'm doing as well as you. So, whatever program you're doing is working for you. With that said, I will tell you that I've invested in weight loss programs such as Jenny Craig and LA Weight Loss in the past -- only to have gained it back. I have signed up with Jenny Craig three different times in my life. Oh....the money I've spent. So, I would say is stick with MFP -- but realize that you may end up losing at a slower pace. But, you will lose. Good luck in your decision and journey.
  • kimberlyanneturner
    Options
    Thanks, I think I have decided to drop the program and do this, even it goes at a slower pace. I don't like the feeling of pressure . I have been so motivated since I started this site. I think it has pumped up my weight loss actually and given me the desire to want to track my food and work out more. I do credit that program for getting me on the right track. If it hadn't been for them, I may still be at a size 20-22 , now I'm at a 16 and working my way down.
  • ChiRiChi
    ChiRiChi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Keep going, you're doing great! :)