Challenge - NO Fast Food February

Options

Replies

• MariahNS
    Options
    I'm up for no fast food in Feb! I've been pretty good about avoiding it, but...
  • jenikkinicole
    Options
    Excellent challenge!! I'm in... Fast Food is my absolute weakness and this is just what I need to keep me in line!! :)) Thanks for the challenge.

Maybe I'll save me some money as well. I bet I could take a mini-vacation on the money I spend eating out. haha.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have been slowly cutting it out-I have not been to Wendy's since October 2009. I am not eating at chik-fil-A because they support anti-gay groups, and since I saw that video of someone stomping a KFC chicken, I don't eat there either. the news about Taco Bell's questionable ingrediants has me avoiding it but I never ate there when I was sober anyway;)
    I suppose I could just watch all those movies about how icky fast food is and that would help when I want a sonic corn dog (which I also haven't had since last summer.
    But, I do like Chipotle-does it count for fast food? It's not low-cal but it's mostly wholesome in that it is not fried.
    Also, at airports I am usually tempted by Panda Express or pizza by the slice. What should I do in an airport? I will be travelling a couple of times in February, so any advice is appreciated.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Does no fast food include Subway?
    I was going to ask this too!
  • foodbuzz
    foodbuzz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in, which will be easy because I have not eaten at a fast food place in years. Not even Subway because I know they put plastics in the food, not to mention MSG, which I am terribly allergic to. I've been eaing organic food for years, just too much of it, LOL

Good luck to all of you that are taking this excellent challenge. Think of the plastic and that should turn you off. That's why people are gaining weight ~ because the food is not real or nutritious.

For road trips I take nori sticks, nuts, fruit, kale chips and things like that. Best to everyone.
  • pgp_protector
    Options
    I'm in, which will be easy because I have not eaten at a fast food place in years. Not even Subway because I know they put plastics in the food, not to mention MSG, which I am terribly allergic to. I've been eaing organic food for years, just too much of it, LOL

Good luck to all of you that are taking this excellent challenge. Think of the plastic and that should turn you off. That's why people are gaining weight ~ because the food is not real or nutritious.

For road trips I take nori sticks, nuts, fruit, kale chips and things like that. Best to everyone.

They put Plastics in the food ? Source?
  • kate72
    kate72 Posts: 11
    Options
    I accept! .... Man ... I WAS getting the family pizza tonight :):blushing:
  • pgp_protector
    Options
    I accept! .... Man ... I WAS getting the family pizza tonight :):blushing:

You can still have pizza tonight, you just have to make it yourself now :smile:
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Does no fast food include Subway?
    I'm saying if you pay somebody else to make it for you at a restaurant it counts as fast food. I've always been of the opinion that it sucks to pay somebody else to do something I can do myself. Sandwiches are a piece of cake to make. if prep time is a concern, all you have to do is take some time to cut a good amount up at once and then use them throughout the week.

So long answer made short, Yes, I am including Subway.
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    I'm in. I really like this challenge.
  • grouch201
    Options
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Might as well count me in too! We've been cutting back on the fast food as it is, now seems like the perfect time to pull the trigger and eat at home.
  • grouch201
    Options
    Alright, one week in (prettty much). No fast food for me, though I did fry up some chicken on Friday night and it was fabulous. How are YOU doing?
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I did that for the whole of January so I don't think it would be difficult for Feb. I did 3 times buy brown rice from a fast food restaurant however I don't think that is against the rules of your challenge.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I now remember that I had half a packet of Long John Silver's tarter sauce for lunch. I have a reason, though. I cooked fish for lunch and I didn't have any tarter sauce in a bottle, so I found a packet of LJS tarter sauce. I had to have something to go with my fish.
  • sjkiestler
    Options
    I would love to take part in this challenge if its not too late! I haven't ate fast food at all this week :) Let's see if i can do this for a whole month! We've got this everyone!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I have not eaten fast food and find it pretty easy to avoid so long as I am not traveling-did I already mention how Mcdonalds on the concourse seems to call to me? No more late night Taco Bell either!
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So far so good for me! No fast food, or restaurant food/anything not prepared by me!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I did it for January, I can do it again in Feb.

I was just about to head out with a friend and I looked at the clock an decided to eat my lunch and bring a snack just in case.
    I did that before finding this post.

That was a hard thing to do, because we don't have a Wendy's here and we are going by one on our trip, so for a brief moment I thought about it, but opted out.
    Thanks for the challenge.