how often should i weigh myself?

Options
Do you guys weigh yourself weekly? How often do you log it on here?

Replies

• ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself three times a week (scales in the gym) but only count the monday weight (as your weight varies constantly due to hydration, water retained in muscles, food you've eaten etc.)
    So the answer is probably weight yourself once - at the exact same time every week.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Same time every week at the same place.
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

I weigh myself once a week, on Tuesdays before breakfast and log it right after.

I have to be careful not to weigh myself more than that because the number I see gives me a liscence to eat...If it is low I feel invisible and if it is high I feel bad which makes me want to eat...

Good luck :)

Elissa
  • marysimmons
    marysimmons Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    THEY SAY YOU SHOULD WEIGH YOURSELF ONCE A WEEK. SAME TIME AND SAME DAY. BEST TO WEIGH FIRST THING IN MORNING BEFORE YOU LOAD YOUR BODY UP. :} I LIKE TO WEIGH MYSELF ON MONDAYS TO LET ME KNOW WHERE I AM STARTING AND ON FRIDAY TO SEE HOW MUCH PROGRESS I MADE BEFORE I START MY WEEKEND. SO I DO IT TWICE. :} GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!!
  • kdavis74
    kdavis74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday Morning - Not the best day as some cheat over the weekend, but right when I wake up.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I think that's a personal decision for you to make. I've chosen to weigh myself only once a month on the first of the month. That scale can be an evil little thing, and can get you all caught up in it. It can bring down your motivation if it doesn't show you what you are expecting to see as well. Your weight will fluctuate daily for many reasons, and most women will carry more "weight" during that time of the month. You definitely want to take measurements as well. Good luck!
  • ValleyDiva
    Options
    I was weighing myself weekly in the beginning, but now I am doing it every two weeks. I am trying to get away from the scales and judge my progress by the way my clothes fit me and if I am able to move down to a smaller size. The scales are driving me crazy:explode:
  • mjheinrich
    mjheinrich Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh myself daily but many of the weight loss plans recommend weekly so that you don't see so many of the daily normal ups and downs due to water weight, etc. Frankly I think its personal choice. You may post your weight whenever you weigh or when your weight changes. I always post a weight loss and then if it goes back up slightly for a day or two I don't repost but if it stays up then I'll repost the higher weight. Others do it differently in that they don't post a loss until the weight stays at the same level for a few days. Again, personal choice as long as you are being honest and consistent in how you are doing it.
  • kristimartiny
    Options
    Some friends and I weigh in Mondays...but I also check myself in the middle or near Friday to see how I am doing....to keep myself in check...... Good Luck!
  • I'd suggest sticking to about once a week (I know that "Weigh in Wednesday" is popular on Tumblr) or to wait even longer than that. If you do it daily or every few days, your behavior with the scale could become quite obsessive.

But you should know that measurements are way more important than weight! So keep track of those too, but maybe only once a month for that. You could maintain the same weight yet lose a few inches off your waist, so do this so you also won't fret if you hit a plateau!

Good luck! :)
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh-in on MFP twice a week (Tuesday/Saturday), but I also tend to weigh myself in between just because I'm curious. Ultimately, it's a personal decision, so do whatever works for you!
  • dwinn002
    Options
    I do it once every friday morning.
  • blaiseleone
    blaiseleone Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I went about a month without weighing myself and just sticking to exercise and diet, I saw a really remarkable change at the end of that month. But following that I started checking more often and I felt I sabotaged myself. I stick to every other week now. But it's really up to you, checking every day isn't mentally healthy and can be linked to eating disorder, so be careful.
  • omgsayalathieo
    Options
    I usually weigh every Monday..then log it in at the end of the month.
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I weigh myself 2 times a week Mon and thurs.. and I weigh myself Mon and Thurs morning as soon as I get up.. and I only log it in when it goes down.. or if it goes way up for some reason so that I can see what the issue was and fix it.. like this morning I weighed myself and I lost 2lbs... but idk what thurs will look like
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself daily but I only count the Monday weigh in as my weekly weigh in. I just like to keep myself in check.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    When I first started I weighed myself twice a day (EVERY morning and evening). It got to be alot of numbers to keep up with! I have just this week decided not to step on the scale for an entire week - been a little tough so far. I only record my weight on MFP once a week whether up or down, I just record the number I get.... period.

I weigh myself first thing in the morning on Fridays... naked.... right after I pee! :bigsmile: It's right before the weekend, when I'm most likely to "mess up" and then I have the whole week to fix things and work hard!
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options
    i think weekly is good...i log it in here weekly but i dont the week of my period as its too depressing as i put weight on