Exercise DVDs

Options
Good Morning,

Can anyone recommend any exercise DVD's that would be very low impact on your feet, I have heel spurs and plantar fasciitis and I can do about 20 mins on the elliptical machine and about 20 mins on the treadmill at a walk with out too much flare up and was just looking for some new forms of cardio.

I am currently lifting 4 to 5 days a week at the gym as long as i do most of my lifting in the seated position and just would like to find more ways to add more cardio to my weekly workouts.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any videos myself, but I would recommend that you take a look at collage video (www.collagevideo.com). The reason I recommend them is that you can view a video clip of each DVD they offer prior to purchasing it. The search engine also lets you narrow down the types of exercise you want to view. It's a great site.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    If you are lifting 4-5 days a week, and doing it with really quick pacing and heavy weights, honestly, you'll need very little cardio. Superset your lifting between 2 exercises with only about 30 second breaks between, and lift heavy! If you can get that 12 rep up, then you need to increase your weights! That will get your heart up and down and up and down, basically doing HIIT training with weights.

When I'm done with a lifting session, I'm completely covered in sweat, all due to pacing and as heavy weight as I can manage.

Good luck!

Steve
    KnightFit.com
  • mercjallorina
    Options
    I love the ZUmba videos. Or any dance cardio video. They are low impact and you can do it accordint to your physical capability.
  • teacher4380
    Options
    A good one that can be used for any size of person are the ones by Leslie Sansone. She does a program called Walk Away the Pounds. Everything is based around indoor walking (marching) with a few other basic moves (side steps, knee lifts, kicks). If it gets to be more that you can do, then you just continue to walk! I used this when I was at 340 pounds (doing a .5-1 mile workout) and now around 250 pounds (doing 1-3 mile workouts). I hope you find a program that works for you!!! I think I heard that Weight Watchers even promotes this program...but I don't know that for sure!!! Leslie is all about moving...not learning how to dance! Happy working out!!!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    agree, zumba!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Yoga? I don't know if it would interfere with your spurs, but just doing stretching poses can be a good workout and is very light impact.
  • vegheadmomma
    Options
    If you want something that is low impact on the feet and lower body i would recommend doing videos like pilates. they have pilates for cardio, flexibility, strength etc. Also yoga is a very good fat burner that is low impact but has alot of power behind it to burn calories.
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    I'd say p90x's yoga is a good video. you know beachbody has a lot of yoga ballets
  • sbussard
    Options
    Steve,

Thank you for the information, I lift pretty heavy and I am also completely sweaty after lifting. I will try less rest between sets this week and I will try and work in some super-sets.

Thank you again.
  • sbussard
    Options
    It would be great to review the DVD's before purchasing, thank you for the tip.