Clear Liquid Diet

Options
Has anyone had to have one? I'm pretty freaked out by it, and it's completely going to throw off this week's numbers. Wednesday I'm on an all clear liquids diet, and then nothing Thursday. So... yay... Not too happy, but hey, that's what I get for having a mom who had colon cancer at the age of 35.

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Gotta do what you gotta do! yay jello and low sodium broth!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    it's hard, you crave solid food lol good luck with the tests though!
  • teacher4380
    Options
    I had to be on a full-liquid diet for 5 weeks....it is hardest in the first 24 hours...but be very mindful! You have to tell yourself that this is your "medicine" to make yourself better! Try to find what works best for you!!! Check with your doctor to see exactly what you can have/not have! Protein shakes help with your energy...not too many are "clear" though. There are a few though....there is one (the name is slipping my mind right now) that looks very similar to sobe drinks. I also found pickle juice to be a salvation for me...LOL...don't drink a lot though as there is a lot of sodium! Good luck and keep us posted!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mlemonroe2
    Options
    i have crohns disease so i have to do it every few years. it's not so bad. maybe you'll lose a few pounds :)
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I have taken a colonoscopy and CT Scan..Nothing to complain about. Drinking the liquid to have b.m.'s is the roughest part, but now they give you Miralax and mix it with Gatorade or Kool Aid and it actually tastes good. Thank GOD for the medical techniques and technology we have today, it is LIFE SAVING! Big deal, a couple of days without food...actually we all should Fast once or twice per week to help the digestive system and lower g.i., that might save even more lives and add to the Quality of our Lives as we age.

Talk to any Cancer Survivor and they will tell you that EARLY Detection is the Key to Survival. Life is Too precious to complain about something that is Life Saving. And , your Mother had no control over what happened to her; now that You are better informed You can be proactive and actually Participate in Your Own Life! Now that You know that you have genetic factors for colon cancer, WHATyou eat and drink are just as important as how much you and drink eat. Be Well, Live Well