Need Some Serious HELP!

Options
Hey everyone,

I haven't been on here in aaaaages but I am so desperate for advice that here I am!

I am getting married May 6th in Zante so have been working hard at trying to get my bikini body in tip top condition - I can see a bit of difference but no movement on the scales. Anyway this isn't my main problem.....

I tried my wedding dress on at the weekend (I bought it last January and have tried it on a few times!) and it was too tight around my rib area, I could barely breathe! But how on earth do I lose rib-fat?!

I imagine that cardio is my best option? I usually workout with weights along side my cardio but maybe I should focus on cardio? I know that I can't choose where I will lose fat from but my dress fit perfectly when I bought it so somehow I've gained in this area :(

I've got 3 months.....Please help me?!
-x-x-

Replies

• Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Increase the intensity in your cardio sessions and modify your nutrition towards the leaner side.
  • sweetmelissa57
    sweetmelissa57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have lost 25 pounds in two months by eating a high protien diet and cardio 30 to 45 minutes a day. No more than 1000 calories a day. No more than 20 carbs a day! If you get the urge for sweets Atkins provides a great variety of things to tie you over. Good Luck and congrats!!
    Melissa
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    High intensity cardio and lower caloric intake is really what will help.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you've gained a little since the time that it fit and that's the area that's tight now, if you lose a little and get back to where you were, I'm guessing you will lose in that same area!
  • aimeemaryrose
    Options
    Well first of all, you've got a while yet so no need to panic - stick rigidly to the calorie counting and the exercise and you will get there. What I did the couple of weeks before my wedding was cut out bread/potatoes/rice etc. It got off the last few stubborn pounds! Good luck! xxxx
  • Monicamarkt
    Monicamarkt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It could be muscle gain through your back too, not necessarily rib fat. You mentioned you workout with weights so maybe lighten up on the back workouts--still do them, just change to light weigh/high reps. Good luck and congrats!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law got heavily into palates before she got married, and after she bought her dress. Because of this she was building up her core. Apparently, she did this to the point where her dress was no longer fitting correctly. I believe the seamstress told her that she should cut down on the palates so the dress would again fit correctly.

I don't know what type of exercise you've been doing, but maybe this is you situation as well... It's less of matter of losing weight, and more about limiting the muscle tone in that area.

Best of luck!
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think the muscle gain could be part of the problem as I have been doing a lot of core-focussed exercise recently so I'm thinking maybe cut out the back exercises for now!

I am also going to try and eat less bread/potatoes and pasta as when I followed SW I had the best results from this.

Thanks for all the ideas, I felt like I didn't really have a "plan of action" in my head as my weight doesn't tend to move at the moment so I'm going to need the measuring tape out again I think!!
    -x-x-