back injury, ideas for exercises?

Options
Hi everyone, I am pretty new to the site. I was just wondering if anyone had any exercises, programs, ideas for what I can do with an injured back? I am almost completely healed but do not want to push things yet. I am currently walking at a moderate pace on the treadmill.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
B :happy:

Replies

• pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Uh, you should have gotten a therapy program from you Dr.??!! Don't not make matters worse by asking advice from people that have no idea what your injury really is. My therapy for my wrecked back and neck is strength training and stretching(yoga based). The lower back maintenance is Core focused workouts.
  • dwinn002
    Options
    I have sciatic nerve pain and when my back is hurting I find that yoga helps tremendously but I would check with your doctor to see what you can or cannot do.
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    Talk to your doctor or see a chiropractic doctor.

Yeah, you def don't want to injure things further
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My doctor has told me to work on core training exercises and to start exercising again slowly via treadmill or bike. I was just curious what other people with back injuries do for exercise....i know they wouldn't be recommending them, just curious! :happy: