Question about 30 day Shred ...

Options
I'm not following the recommended schedule because I exercise daily in addition to doing the Shred, so it's just a little morning boost for me. Not to mention I bore easily, so I'm only doing it 2 to 3 mornings per week.

However, I've been doing Level 1 for 2 weeks now. I can hang with everything except the push ups (I'm a big weenie!). Do you typically wait until you can complete all the exercises without stopping, or do you think it's time I move on up to Level 2 before I die of boredom? I've definitely made progress, but I don't see me EVER getting through all the push ups in the 1st circuit.

Just curious to your thoughts!

Replies

• lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bump! I would also be interested in answers to that question. I only have time to do it 2 or 3 times a week, and started wondering when I should try the next level!
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Level 2 does a lot of moves in push up position. Level 3 does also, and does a lot of jumping. If you are just using it to supplement your other workout, you could just stay at level 1 and build up some arm strength before you move on. Or try level 2 and see how far you can get.
  • KristyF08
    KristyF08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm on round 3 of the 30 day Shred and I absolutely LOVE IT! I agree with the getting bored, that's why i quite for a while after feeling pretty good on Level 3! I am terrible at push-ups to and just moved on. Level 2 is my favorite out of the 3.Since I am starting back on level 1 I am actually substituting some of the harder exercises for the easier ones this time around. I told myself when I complete this round I can then buy Shred it with Weights and get a good Kettlebell!
    It sounds like you are ready to move on... I would say go for it!

:smile:
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and start level two. As in level one you have two levels you can work at. So if some of level 2 is too difficult you can do the modified version. Good luck with the plank exercises!
  • mayana2002
    Options
    I am thinking of buying the DVD... I also need strenth on my arms and shoulders....
  • PepsiGal
    PepsiGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd go ahead and move up to level 2 before you get bored to death! I haven't mastered push-ups either ( I still do them on my knees). Levels 2 and 3 are more challenging but doable. I'd say go ahead and try level 2 to "confuse your muscles". There are modifications in both levels too.
  • AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I moved up to level 2 before I could "master" level 1. It's hard for sure, but not impossible. I'm modifying moves still, but I plan to keep moving up every 10 days. Personally, I'm doing the shred on top of other exercises as well, but still doing it almost every day. My plan is to get through this first 30, and then re-assess where I want to go. Either do another round trying to push further on each level, or maybe mix it up with her other DVDs.

Honestly though, any excersise is good, so do whatever you want. You just won't have the "expected" results if you do it differently. All in all, you'll still build up strength, endurance, and get in better shape.
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    I've been moving up before I mastered it. I get bored easily to. So every 10 days I go to the next level. I'm currently on level 3 day 4. So, I would just go a head and try level 2, it's not going to hurt to try it. If you can't do most of then I would go back to level 1.
  • ZumbaTriad
    ZumbaTriad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I figured I would try moving up, but was just curious if that was the norm. Let's see what Level 2 has in store!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hi--I have been using this for the last week and a 1/2 too. I did level 1 for 6 days and same thing--I was a little bored. Parts were easy but the push ups hard. I could see on my HRM my calorie burn was getting lower each day. Today will be day 5 of level 2. I finally took a rest day yesterday so am hoping this will rejuvenate me, not make me regress.....,

Level 2 is hard and I have to say I do not love all the jumping but it's fine, I do get through it and feel really strong afterwards.

Let us know what you think of it!
  • ZumbaTriad
    ZumbaTriad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Will do Robin! Overslept this morning, so I guess I'll try again tomorrow!