healthy pancake recipe please?

Options
I made pancakes the other day, from scratch. The recipe was "Basic Southern Pancakes." Later on I entered the recipe into a recipe analysis page, and had a mini heart attack. Just two pancakes was half my days allowance of cals, and I was over on sodium...just after breakfast. HELP!! Anyone with a recipe they could share?

Replies

• eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/163721-low-cal-pancakes

i posted a similar topic and people posted some great ideas and recipes..
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    These are the power pancakes I make sometimes.

1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    4 egg whites
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix in a blender till it becomes batter.

Cook on the skillet with some cooking spray like Pam.

Top with fruit or maple syrup (use sparingly)

Edit: adding nutrional info
    Calories: 317
    Carbs: 31g
    Fat: 4g
    Protein: 36g

This does not include toppings
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have been making the Bob's Red Mill pancakes a lot lately. If you buy the organic whole wheat pastry flour, the recipe is on the side. It is basically flour, greek yogurt, an egg, milk and baking soda (that's by memory so I am not sure) They are whole grain and non-fat if you use the non-fat yogurt and skim milk.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Actutally we don't buy packaged...much of anything. I mill my own grain so whole grain flour I've got in scores. I don't know what greek yogurt is. Is that different than regular yogurt? And I'm not afraid of fat...eating it that is. I'm more weirded out by chemicals, and modified foods.
  • wilted6orchid
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/163721-low-cal-pancakes

i posted a similar topic and people posted some great ideas and recipes..

Thanks, this had one recipe in particular that I want to try out. With single ingredients that I would already have in the house!:flowerforyou:
  • wilted6orchid
    Options
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 136 g-(I just divided the recipe into 4 portions)

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 233 Calories from Fat 51
    % Daily Value*

Total Fat 5.7g 9%
    Saturated Fat 1.5g 7%
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 56mg 19%
    Sodium 405mg 17%
    Total Carbohydrates 37.1g 12%
    Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5%
    Sugars 7.1g
    Protein 7.8g

Vitamin A 2% • Vitamin C 1%
    Calcium 13% • Iron 10%

Buttermilk Pancakes

1 c. all purpose flour
    1 tbs. sugar
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 oz. rice flour
    1 1/4 c. buttermilk
    1 tbs. peanut oil
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 large egg
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    These are the power pancakes I make sometimes.

1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    4 egg whites
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix in a blender till it becomes batter.

Cook on the skillet with some cooking spray like Pam.

Top with fruit or maple syrup (use sparingly)

Edit: adding nutrional info
    Calories: 317
    Carbs: 31g
    Fat: 4g
    Protein: 36g

This does not include toppings

sounds interesting! Is the nutrition info you provided for the entire batch and how many pancakes would you say a batch yeilds? I've been wanting pancakes lately... maybe a "breakfast for dinner" is on the menu for later this week :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting! Is the nutrition info you provided for the entire batch and how many pancakes would you say a batch yeilds? I've been wanting pancakes lately... maybe a "breakfast for dinner" is on the menu for later this week :)

That's for the whole batch. For me, the serving size is one whole batch :) So you can double or triple it if you're sharing. It yields something like 6 pancakes. The original recipe says to cook them up as the small "silver dollar pancakes", in which case there would be more of them, but I just make regular/medium size ones.

Bonus: you can go ahead and eat the whole batch and not worry about feeling gross and lethargic afterwards!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    That's for the whole batch. For me, the serving size is one whole batch :) So you can double or triple it if you're sharing. It yields something like 6 pancakes. The original recipe says to cook them up as the small "silver dollar pancakes", in which case there would be more of them, but I just make regular/medium size ones.

Bonus: you can go ahead and eat the whole batch and not worry about feeling gross and lethargic afterwards!

Awesome! Thanks! I have some wild blueberry preserves that i think would be fabulous with them...