Best in-home equipment

louramaille
louramaille Posts: 43
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
What is the best piece of in Home workout equipment you have used? How well did it work for you? What were its pros and cons?

I am just starting out, want to get in better shape for a 9 day vacation to Disneyworld, so i dont poop out on the first day.
I have a degenerative desiese in my knees which basicly adds calcium rocks in the joint, however if i can condition the legs and loss the weight then this will greatly improve the length of time i can walk.

Something that can fold up, or thats not too large to begin with. Something also low priceish.
Mostly need to work on total weight, mostly bidsection and thighs.

I look forward to seeing what you all have to say about the MASSIVE amounts of equipment out there to choose from.

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    I like my resistance bands- they are useful for all sorts of exercises, cheap, and portable. The only downside is that there is a limit to ther resistence they can provide, but for now they are ideal.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    1. a quality treadmill

2. Powerblocks - these are basically adjustable dumbells. Depending on the model you get, they go from 5lbs up to 120lbs. They are very compact. The equivalent in individual dumbells would take up a whole wall in your house. They are rather odd looking, but I couldn't recommend them enough http://www.powerblock.com/Sportseries.php
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    If you are limited on funds, the best pieces of equipment to buy are adjustable weights and a swiss ball. Assuming you have somewhere to ride it, it may cost a bit more, but a bike is a great investment too.

I have access to a gym and once the weather changes it will be all about running, biking and swimming - I do as much outside as I can so we don't own any "in house" cardio equimpment. But IF I ever invested in a $$ piece of "in house" cardio equimpment it would be a true-strider.
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    I love my stationary bike! I had a treadmill at one time, but I really hated using it, it was so boring!
  • How about the " Ab glider" anyone used that ?
This discussion has been closed.