Almond Butter

Options
I just bought almond butter this weekend, which I have yet to try out. I've heard that almond butter is better for you than peanut butter. Is this true?

Replies

• Melisha82
    Options
    I've heard that too and I am curious. Was it much more expensive than peanut butter?
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    It is very very good for you! Tastes good too. I have recently tried sunflower seed butter- LOVE it.

Just keep in mind, all nut butter are high in fat. (Though good fats) - but you should still keep that in mind so it fits into your calorie/fat target for the day.

Enjoy!!
  • capenron
    Options
    Almond butter is very good but you have to refrigerate it after you open it. It is a little more expensive and can be kinda hard to find although i know Kroger and Randall's both carry it. Great snack food though !
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is not bad! and neither is almond butter. the only difference is the amount of omega fatty acids. other than that, the nutrients are very similar. Make sure to choose nut butters without a lot of added oil, salt, and sugar. Some good almond butter brands are maranatha, trader joe's, and Justin's
  • SunnyInCO
    Options
    The big benefit of almond butter over say Jiff or Skippy is those have a lot of chemicals. Most almond butter should be just almonds. We buy ours at Costco. Its about half the price than in King Soopers/Krogers. Another option is find a store that grind the peanuts there so you know you are getting pure peanut butter.
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The big benefit of almond butter over say Jiff or Skippy is those have a lot of chemicals. Most almond butter should be just almonds. We buy ours at Costco. Its about half the price than in King Soopers/Krogers. Another option is find a store that grind the peanuts there so you know you are getting pure peanut butter.

Good advice. I didn't think to look at Costco. I looked at another store and the Almond Butter was very pricey.
  • onvacation
    onvacation Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love almond butter! But even if you eat peanut butter try and choose the ones that the only ingredient is peanuts or almonds, no added anything! Takes a little getting used to - doesn't taste like jiff! I couldn't eat the old stuff any more!
  • petey49
    petey49 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A large jar of Almond Butter at my Costco is about $6.00 or $7.00 I was surprised it was so cheap comapired to other places. But being one person I did not buy it as I don't want almond butter for ever.