Just an introduction...

Options
I am starting to get involved on the site. I have been overweight since having my first child, she'll be 10 in June. I want to get healthy. That is my focus. Obviously any weight I lose is going to be an added bonus but I am honestly trying to focus on being stronger and healthy and focusing on the scale less. I turn 30 this year and have a very active 2 year old that I would like to be able to keep up with this spring/summer! I am currently WAY overweight SAHM. I want to get to a healthy BMI, which currently I am considered OBESE. Ugh.

I am on day 20 of the 30 Day Shred today and have lost 10 lbs in that 20 days. I am looking for an at home video that is less than 30 minutes to do daily after this 30 days. Also, as a reward for finishing the 30 DS I am getting an elliptical for home so I want to do the 30 minutes of video (circuit or strength training) and 30 minutes of cardio. As soon as it's nice enough, I am going to start the couch to 5k outside!! I love all of the new at home exercising I am finding now. Any other time I tried to exercise with out the gym I never found this much variety.

I have been tracking my calories daily and am currently eating at least 1/2 (if not all) of my exercise calories daily. I have been making healthier choices but not strict dieting/diet food. I want this to stick and I know if I don't incorporate our habits in with the exercise and eating, it won't last. I am soaking in all the advice/tips I am reading on here, if you have any more for me!

Thanks for reading my rambling! I am excited to get more involved on here, so motivating.

Replies

• tigergreeneyz
    tigergreeneyz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really like Leslie Sansone's walking DVD's. She has a wide assortment and her 1 mile easy walk is only 20 minutes long. If you ramp up the speed and do her 1 mile brisk walk, it's only 12 minutes. I do one of her walks Monday-Friday during my lunch break at work. The best thing about her dvd's is that you can go at your pace so if you're not ready for the 1 mile brisk walk, you can start with the easy walk and progress from there.

Hope that helps!
  • capenron
    Options
    Bob Harper's strength training video is incredible and there is a segment for beginners that is awesome...
  • carolyne2
    Options
    Sounds like a recipe for success, hope it goes well for you.
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! So supportive, I love this site! I have been using it on my phone only, so glad I checked out the forums!