Exercise in your living room?

Options
2»

Replies

• Annetted
    Annetted Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I lover her workouts! you really do work up a sweat! She is free on Comcast Cable ON DEMAND along with many other options!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions! I guess I need to try this shred thing!... now if I could just get motivated to get dressed and go buy it lol
  • TeddyCharlton
    TeddyCharlton Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Suzanne Powters step arobics, don't need alot more than a 6" step, DVD player and 45 min. Great work-out!
  • Fitfab40
    Options
    I don't go to a gym...
    I retreat to my basement in front of the TV and do my exercise DVDs (pilates, cardio, bootcamps, etc) , use dumbbells and I have a step (the step fits easily in a corner, behind a door or under a couch).
  • JoinerMaus
    Options
    I like Yoga, the Prevention Magazine videos and the 10 Minute Solutions videos. I also sometimes get videos from my library to change things up a bit.
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper's Kettlebell DVD (Target) is great!
    Biggest Loser DVDs are my favorites. I love the Last Chance Workout (on our cable provider) and Cardio Max and Max Sculpt. The great thing about Cardio Max and Max Sculpt is that you can determine how long you want the workout to be. So if i only have 20 minutes, I can just do Bob's workout. If I have longer, I can do Bob's workout, add in Jillian's workout, and even add on Kim's workout. Or I can just do Kim's or just do Jillian's depending on my mood. REALLLY, highly recommend these two dvds for at-home workouts!
    I know they are kinda old school, but you might be able to find the 8 Minute DVDs online still. I have 8 Minute Abs, 8 Minute Buns, 8 Minute Arms, and 8 Minute Legs, and they are actually a decent 32 minute workout when I want to feel a burn without spending a lot of time. :)

Hope this helps!
  • katyrose221
    katyrose221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like Denise Austin's Cardio Dance Mix for a solid aerobic work out. I am still trying to find a good at home strenght building work out. I'm not all that fit, so for me P90X is probably out for a while. Make sure you buy a mat and a couple hand weights for working out at home.
  • skhny
    skhny Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have Time Warner Cable and on channel 1067 there are like a 100 on demand workouts - all free with my cable subscription. Be sure to watch them once before you do them to make sure they don't end early (sometimes that does happen). I am doing Shred 1 right now on there and all sorts of others (yoga, kickboxing, toning).
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    YouTube has some good exercise videos if you have a way to hook up your computer to your tv or have a laptop. If not, the Zumba Fitness (dance) DVDs are great and don't require much space. I also have limited space and do a program called Physique 57 regularly. All it requires is a mat, chair with a sturdy back or sofa, light dumbbells (I use 5 and 8 lbs.) and a small playground ball that comes with the dvd set when ordered or can be purchased separately. It's a 57-minute full-body ballet barre based program (while the people in the dvd use ballet barres you can use a chair or sofa). The first 10 minutes (approx.) works the upper body, then the thigh section, then the seat section, then the ab section and then cool down/stretch. It's a great workout, however, it's not really a cardio workout so calories burned are probably around 300-450 depending on your intensity. If you would like more info check out the website at www.physique57.com. I think the 57-minute classic dvd (there are 3 different ones with the classic one being the longest and I think the best) costs $25 and the ball costs $16.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    For everyone that said their cable provider had On Demand Exercise Videos for free. Does anyone know if Dish Network has this? I'd love to do something different than playing Wii Sports for my workout.