How much does it take to fill you up?

Options
When I eat slowly and wait for my stomach to send my brain the message that it is full, I find that it really takes very little to fill me up. Even a small granola bar will do the trick. Is this a common thing? How much does it take for you?

Replies

• kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Same here, but I notice that I eat more often, which is fine. It really helps to satisfy my need to pig out without compromising my need to lose weight!
  • larsonp
    larsonp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid using the words "fill up" EVER when I think about food.
    Satisfied or Satiated are good alternatives.

That aside, I agree.
    I am easily satisfied, provided I give my body time to react to the food I just put in it.
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Totally common...My nutritionist said that it takes the average person about 20 minutes to really feel satisfied/full during eating...So that is a great way to do it. Eat slowly, enjoy the food and more often than not you will feel satisfied without eating as much. When I have gotten hungry I can "fill up" on a handful of almonds and a glass of water...Which 6 months ago I would have felt like I needed a sandwich or more to do the same thing
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    it doesn't take much if I pay attention to eating, and eat slowly. I really try to devote my time eating to actually eating, instead of watching TV or the like.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Nowadays.. not nearly as much, and if I'm feeling REALLY hungry I have a serving of salad before whatever I intended to eat (like just now a burrito). It fills me up, but not uncomfortably so :) Before I would've gone for two burritos and something else, so I'm feeling better about my food decisions :)

Edit: Oh and WATER! At least 2 cups with every sit down meal helps a LOT!