Heart Rate Monitor Help

Options
I've decided I need a Heart Rate Monitor. I only have like a $40 budget. Any suggestions for a decent HRM in that price range?

Replies

• EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    when you get one can you post a review on it please? I'm in the same boat
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I am going to Sports authority today to look for one. I googled and found that new balance makes one for right bout 40.00 and it does just about everything! Good luck!
  • chefdan
    chefdan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Walmart has several by Sportline below/around that range. I just today got the $47 one and got it set up easily and just used it in a workout for the first time no problem. The signal from the chest band dropped a couple of times, but re-acquired quickly. It's enough until I have invested enough of myself in this exercise to reward myself with the Polar HRM/GPS watch I really want.
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance one - found it at Kohls online and on clearance for under 30. Mio and Sportsline make some decent and inexpensive ones
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Walmart has several by Sportline below/around that range. I just today got the $47 one and got it set up easily and just used it in a workout for the first time no problem. The signal from the chest band dropped a couple of times, but re-acquired quickly. It's enough until I have invested enough of myself in this exercise to reward myself with the Polar HRM/GPS watch I really want.

I just bought the sportsline duo and it works great. It was $59
  • DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am going to Sports authority today to look for one. I googled and found that new balance makes one for right bout 40.00 and it does just about everything! Good luck!

Target also has New Balance HRM's for around $40
  • jenikkinicole
    Options
    Awesome thanks for the tips guys. I'm going to check those out.

I don't need a super fancy one, just want something that's going to accurately maintain my HR and help me keep count of my calories.
  • jenikkinicole
    Options
    I'm finding Amazon has some pretty good deals right now and most with free shipping.

Anyone have any experience with Omron? Specifically the HR-100C? The reviews seem to be pretty good on it and it's a decent price $32.99 / reg. $59.99 with free shipping. :))
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I want a decent one at a good price. I'm going to check out Amazon too. I saw some at Target I was tempted to get one the other day, but wanted to read the reviews first.