The biggest let down...........

Options
kettlewitch
kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
I have two that spring to mind. Firstly, the little mermaid in copenhagen. Now I don't know why I expected it to be massive, but I really thought it was a huge statue in the middle of the Harbour. It's not. It's tiny and by a wall.

Secondly, fish and chips in Norway. The food prices in Norway are spectacular ( fish and chips, a beer and a coffee for 2, £50) but I thought, we are in a beautiful port so it is going to be the most amazing fresh fish I have ever eaten. It was a perfect triangle of fish from the supermarket served with oven chips and burger sauce.

The disappointment was crushing lol

Replies

• Dmonique85
    Options
    Not marrying my ex-fiancee (THRILLED about that now hahahaha) and then finding out I'd gained over 60lbs during our relationship. :| Sorry my let downs are so severe lol.
  • Dmonique85
    Options
    Bump
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I missed my chance to be/stay thinner 2 years ago. Lost 88 pounds in a year and then slowly gained it all back, and then some. Finally getting back on track this year. I want to turn this let down into a step up! :bigsmile:
  • Billiek
    Billiek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry.. but your fish and chips let down made me giggle. It's like.. is nothing sacred anymore?
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I had to chuckle when i read this. Sorry for the disappointment, but something tell me you will get through it
  • missygail
    missygail Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Losing a fairly fun job last September and being unable to find a job and too bummed out to do much about it. Needing to go back to school, but unsure of what to do next. &&& Feeling that on the interviews I do get people judge me because of my weight.

Sorry for the depressing let down.