Brides on a Mission: Week 6

Options
Welcome brides!

There are so many new people on our thread. I’m happy to see so many brides together!

I think we all got the swing of how our board works, so I will make this short and sweet! (If you are new, please look back on the support and motivation boards from previous weeks if you would like.)

How to upload a photo: Go to www.photobucket.com, it’s a free service, and upload your photos. Copy and paste the IMG code (there is a list of codes, easy to find on the site) onto your message post. Change the capital IMG code at the beginning and end of the code to lower case img. Your photo will appear when you make the actual “post.” (I will post this each week.)

Week 6 challenge: This week I challenge you to “just say no!”. When you are sitting on the couch at night and the potato chips are calling your name, in the break room at work where someone brought in homemade cookies, or everyone else is ordering dessert when you’re out to dinner with friends…..just say no! These are times where food can be such a temptation. We don’t always have to say no….but we can’t always say yes either. Splurging once in a while is a part of life. But if we all want to reach our goals we need to splurge in moderation. So this week have some crunchy rice cakes late at night, bring a 90cal granola bar with to work, and just have a bite or two of your fiancés dessert! We can do this! This website has some great tips and tricks for healthy eating that taste good! http://www.hungry-girl.com/

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. City:
4. Occupation:
5. Wedding date:
6. Fiancés name:
7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8. Heaviest weight:
9. Goal weight and date:
10. Favorite type of exercise:
11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: week 6 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4. Do you have a wedding” theme”:
5. Any wedding news updates:
6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it:
7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy:
8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet):
9. Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• scrappy11
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Don't know...TOM!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Sister moved back to MN!!!! :)
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): School started again..
    4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: Fall theme LOVE!!
    5. Any wedding news updates: Not really right now..we are going to start registering soon since my first shower is in April!! :)
    6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: Yes, I just tried Zumba last week for the first time and fell in love! I am going to do that at least once a week, running (training for a marathon), Taebo and elliptical!
    7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: Salt, I eat popcorn or pretzels instead!
    8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): I eat a lot of dairy already..so I don't really know!
    9. Weekly wrap up: I hope everyone has a fabulous week and I cannot wait until TOM is over so I can see the results of the last 2 weeks!! :) Have a wonderful week you beautiful brides you!!
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 3 pounds!!! I don't know if you all saw, but on monday of this week i weighed myself and in the past 2 weeks i had put on 5 pounds from what i was in my ticker weight, so i went back and was honest and since monday I lost 3 pounds.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): RAN FOR 25 MINUTES FOR C25K!!!! sorry for the caps but for me this was REALLY exciting

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): the being honest with my weight thing.

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: not right now, I have thought about doing the table numbers as football players of the Eagles because my fiancee and I are such huge fans, but i don't know yet....

5. Any wedding news updates: nothing right now, just waiting to hear back from my fiancees family about how many people they are inviting

6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: yeah I am, I really enjoy the C25K now and I am hopefully going to sign up for a 5k for next month...

7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: When I crave Chocolate, I eat a smart ones sundae instead to be healthy.

8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): I did really well, I love cheese soo it was really easy, I am able to eat it as long as its in moderation.

9. Weekly wrap up: I feel really good about this week, and I am looking forward to another good week and hopefully another 3 pound loss!
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: usually i weigh in on thursdays, and report on monday what my past week was. well...last week was not a good week =( so I think i'm going to ignore that weigh in and report back on Thursday!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): my bridesmaids have started to plan my shower, and i love reading their emails and knowing they are my best friends in the world!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): i'm usually not one to complain about the weather, but I have a lot of work to do at school and these snow days have really messed me up

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: we're getting married october 15th, so we're going on natural fall themes

5. Any wedding news updates: just continuing to watch my wonderful girls plan my shower! hope to fill out the survey our celebrant gave us for the ceremony during the superbowl.

6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: i love tae bo...i see really great results when i do it. at this point, i'm doing tae bo 3-4 times per week, and hoping to get my fiance on board with going on walks every weekend. Once the snow is off the ground (so i don't fall on my ever-decreasing bum), i hope to alternate C25K and Tae Bo. Mornings are my biggest hurdle. I just need to get up and do it!!

7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: any type of snack, air-popped popcorn with a small (less than 1Tbsp) of oil oil and seasoning mixes. I also try to drink a couple of tea when instead of an evening dessert/snack with my fiance, but that doesn't always happen.

8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): I eat cereal in the morning which helps to get dairy in, but the only other times i drink milk are with a sweet snack...which kind of defeats the purpose! At 6'0", i really try to make sure I get calcium, so i do eat a container of yogurt almost every day for a snack.

9. Weekly wrap up: last week wasn't a great week....i fed some of my cravings which i definitely regretted, so hopefully this week will be better!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    my weigh in day is wensday ill be back then...hope everyone has n had had a great week.... =)
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 6
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Will post on Thursday for my regular weigh in date. (But i do a fake weigh in on Mondays...I gained 0.8lbs since Thursday! I worked hard this week working out and made some healthy eating choices over unhealthy ones! Ahhhh frustration!)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Attended the last lecture of my reserach class last week! Had a great girls night with my MOH and another friend Saturday night. Didn't over eat at yesterday's super bowl party....that was so great!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Nothing really (maybe the scale this AM)

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: Not really....since it's a late September wedding we are going to be using "hints of fall" but not using orange, red or yellow colors. It is just so hard to pick one thing because we have too many ideas to pick from...but I dont want too many things.

5. Any wedding news updates: We just confirmed with our DJ/Photobooth guy that he got on contract in the mail. He told us he went to a bridal show on Sat and had 2 brides wanting to book him for our date! So many people are picking that date (alot on the knot) its crazy....I didn't know Sept was a popular month!

6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: I do hot yoga 1-2 times per week (it's $10 per class so I am trying to do it 1 day a week to save some money), hit the Y 2-3 times per week and use the elliptical/tredmill, and if the weather is bad outside I do a video on demand or use a 10-12 inch step that I got at a garage sale 2 summers ago for $2! I do not have to pay for my Y membership because I am on my dad's family membership until I graduate in June...it is really nice not having to pay that every month, I am very lucky!

7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: chocolate, I eat a dark chocolate protien shake or a chocolate chip granola bar instead.

8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): When I wanted a snack...I looked back on my dairy intake for the day and when I was low I would eat a cheese stick or a yogert. One night I actaully had a glass of milk with dinner to get my last serving in...I haven't done that since I was a kid! lol

9. Weekly wrap up: Good week overall! I got back into my regular routine of healthy eating during the week with 4 workouts. I was so glad I didn't sit and eat all day long when the snow hit Chicago last Wed. I got my HR monitor in the mail last Monday and I have been loving it. I have been burning way more calories then the machines say...I just hope its right!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: we're getting married october 15th, so we're going on natural fall themes

I love the natural idea! We have looked at a couple of natural decor items and are really loving the look!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): RAN FOR 25 MINUTES FOR C25K!!!! sorry for the caps but for me this was REALLY exciting

Good for you! That is so exciting how far you have come in such a short amount of time! Keep it up!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1 pound today, but my normal weigh in is on Thursdays. Maybe I'll see more gone then!!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I got to spend time with my MOH and one of my other bridesmaids. We played disney princess UNO and yahtzee! It was a great night!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): my fiance's sister and mother are still causing a lot of drama for us. It's starting to cause a lot of arguments and it's getting tough between my fiance and I. Trying to work through things

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: definitely fall. Like jpsnickel, we're getting married on October 15th. I have lots of leaves, garlands, and orange/red/yellow colored items

5. Any wedding news updates: Last night I spent 4 hours printing and making address lables and our invites/response cards. It's so much cheaper to do it yourself and they look really nice! I think we only spent $100 on 100 invites/response cards, 300 printable address labels and printer ink!

6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: I try to go over to the gym at least 4 times a week and spend 25 minutes on the elliptical. If I don't make it over, I do at least a half an hour with the Wii. I've been sticking to it really well!!

7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: Wendy's.... instead I eat a turkey burger with some pepperjack cheese and tomato and have myself a baked potato with a little bit of broccoli and cheese on it. Soo delicious and super low-cal.

8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): I am lactose intolerant, so I struggle with this. We bought light chocolate silk but I can't get over the plant and chlorophyl taste!!

9. Weekly wrap up: today is only monday! I'm so excited because on Saturday we leave for Florida for a week!! I'm excited to get away from this cruddy Ohio weather and get myself into some 60 degree sunny-ness. A lot of my Dad's side of the family lives down there, too and they haven't met my fiance yet. I'm excited!!

Best of luck everyone!!
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: N/A monthly weigh ins :)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Rearranged the ol' homestead and I love the way it's workin out

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Ug snow snow and more snow. Was stuck in the house for a couple days last week, getting me behind in all sorts of stuff. :(

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: We're toying with the idea of a 60's or 70's themed wedding actually. So the music, clothes, and decorations would go along with that.

5. Any wedding news updates: Still mostly in the brainstorming phase. I can't seem to get my fiance to get me his guest list. He has like over 100 family members and his mother insisting we invite all of them, so I can't do much till then. It's a little easier on me as I have like 10 living blood relatives total...

6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: I aim to work out 5 days a week, 45 minutes a day. I pretty much always do more though :)

7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: When I crave ice cream I eat Kroger carbmaster yogurt to be more healthy.

8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): I've been keeping my calcium consumption up :)

9. Weekly wrap up: I'm a busy bee.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: N/A monthly weigh ins :)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Rearranged the ol' homestead and I love the way it's workin out

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Ug snow snow and more snow. Was stuck in the house for a couple days last week, getting me behind in all sorts of stuff. :(

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: We're toying with the idea of a 60's or 70's themed wedding actually. So the music, clothes, and decorations would go along with that.

5. Any wedding news updates: Still mostly in the brainstorming phase. I can't seem to get my fiance to get me his guest list. He has like over 100 family members and his mother insisting we invite all of them, so I can't do much till then. It's a little easier on me as I have like 10 living blood relatives total...

6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: I aim to work out 5 days a week, 45 minutes a day. I pretty much always do more though :)

7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: When I crave ice cream I eat Kroger carbmaster yogurt to be more healthy.

8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): I've been keeping my calcium consumption up :)

9. Weekly wrap up: I'm a busy bee.

On guest list: Remember... It's YOUR wedding. You can invite whoever you want!! Just keep that in mind! This was something that I struggled with for a while and our guest list got way out of control (and food cost was going to be way out of budget). Don't let anyone bully you and pull the "I'm your mother card!!" because....again...It's your day!!
  • heels24
    heels24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Last week was really bad and now it's TOM so I think I'm just going to skip this week all together. Or at least not weight myself until TOM is over.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): How excited my fiance was to see me after getting back from my trip.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I had a major breakdown this week. Started eating really badly on Thursday and Friday which made me feel like a giant failure. I let all of this self-loathing build up inside until it all just came out at once in front of my FH. We had a long talk and a plan to make it better but it's going to be a process since I have always tended to beat myself up and focus on the negative in myself. (Sorry this is a lot of sharing here, but we like to keep it real here, right?)

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: Southern-inspired beach chic (I think, still need to get my decorator's ideas but that's what I'm thinking).

5. Any wedding news updates: Got more save the date magnets to send out since we ran out of the first batch

6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: Let's see...I play indoor soccer on Monday nights. I have boot camp class on Tuesday and Thursay mornings. I like to go to bikram (hot) yoga 3x a week although I haven't been going that frequently lately. I also like to get a few runs in a week but it's really hard for me right now while the weather is so crappy plus I'm not training for a specific race. I've been thinking I should find a race and start training for it b/c that really helps with my motivation.

7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: sweet and salty, 100-calorie bags of kettle corn.

8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): I tend to eat a lot of dairy so this is an easy one for me. Unfortunately waaay too much of my dairy came in the form of ice cream (see #3 above)

9. Weekly wrap up: Probably my worst week in a long time. But trying not to focus on that and focus on the now and the future instead.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I had a major breakdown this week. Started eating really badly on Thursday and Friday which made me feel like a giant failure. I let all of this self-loathing build up inside until it all just came out at once in front of my FH. We had a long talk and a plan to make it better but it's going to be a process since I have always tended to beat myself up and focus on the negative in myself. (Sorry this is a lot of sharing here, but we like to keep it real here, right?)

Share away! Sometimes I feel so much better if I just sit here and type out all my feelings. I have been doing that lately instead of eating my emotions. It is so much better because 1. I dont eat my body weight in cals and 2. we are here to support each other. Try to think more positive. I saw a therapist this past summer for 2 sessions. It was during my phsych rotation in nursing school and I just got so depressed with all that I saw. She told me that I had a lot of negative thinking going on. She tought me that everytime I have a negative though, really think about 1.How important it really is 2. how true it is and 3. to turn it into a postive one. I always used to pick out the negatives in my body. I am still aware of those negatives but I focus on my positives. Try doing the same...it has really helped me and boost my confidence! Stay strong!

This is why I wanted a board for brides and weight loss. I think we feel so pressured to lose the weight because we want to be a beautiful as we can be (or look as beautiful/if not more beautiful as another brides wedding we went to). We need to be real with each other and give support through the good times and bad!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Agoessli –
    I wouldn’t wait to get your gown. If your wedding is September, I would get it now. If you order it in and it’s the wrong size, you’ll need to have time to get it replaced. You also need to put aside time for fittings because you’ll want to look perfect for your big day. One other thing to consider: It will probably be difficult to lose more than three clothing sizes in that amount of time, at least in a healthy way (although I know you’re doing an awesome job on MFP), so you’ll probably be safe in whatever gown you decide to purchase. Good luck and be sure to show us a picture!

Jpsnickel –
    My MOH is starting to plan my shower too. She’s been trying to keep me in the loop, but I’m trying to stay out of it!*LOL* Since she’s the only one in my bridal party, she’s had to turn to my mom and fiance’s mom for help (I know, breaks tradition, but my wedding party also breaks tradition).

Greenpianokeys –
    It sounds like you’re having a whole heck of a lot better luck that I am with doing my own wedding invitations. We’ve had nothing but problems with doing mine… the printer doesn’t pick up the paper the same way, so it’s printing them too high or too low. I’d take them somewhere to get printed, but I feel like I’ve already invested too much as it is!:-P Everything’s pretty much done except for the maps, address labels and menu choices, but we’ll still have to do some assembly.

Meganne1982 –
    You remind me so much of myself! I’m doing the paisley theme to pull in my 60s-70s vibe, but I would have loved tie-dye or hippie flowers.*LOL*

Shannon
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    On guest list: Remember... It's YOUR wedding. You can invite whoever you want!! Just keep that in mind! This was something that I struggled with for a while and our guest list got way out of control (and food cost was going to be way out of budget). Don't let anyone bully you and pull the "I'm your mother card!!" because....again...It's your day!!

Haha... how I wish it was this simple. Every time I see my mom I feel like she is adding someone to the list and if I say absolutely not she will start to hyper ventilate and cry! My fiance and I literally have people coming to the wedding that we don't like at all. It's that whole "if we invite so and so then we have to invite so and so" problem and my mom is the wooorrsstt! If we invite the neighbor's on the right then we have to invite the neighbor's on the left! If we invite his parents then we have to invite her parents! If I invite one friend from work I have to invite the other even though I don't really like her!

Honestly... My friends are going to be outnumbered by my mother's friends but I just keep trying to remind myself that I am her only daughter and this is just as important to her as it is to me. I've been putting my foot down on the details though, I want it to look the way that I've always dreamed and that's not something she can change.

Plus she's paying for half the wedding (we're paying for the other half) so unfortunately she does have some say and the wedding isn't cheap so if she HAS to have 10 people that I could do without... it's really not that big of a money change and definitely not worth the fight. My fiance and I have started joking with her that we are going to put her at the table with all of the people we didn't want to invite to the wedding... lol it gives us a good chuckle.

Now... if I was paying for the wedding myself... she would have little to no say in who was getting invited. So if you're in that situation then I agree... Put your foot down!
  • kgs0201
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I've decided to change my weigh in day to tomorrow so I'll post my weight loss tomorrow (hopefully I'll have something to post!)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): It was my birthday! And since my birthday I have been committed to the JM 30 day Slimdown Challenge which includes exercises from her 30 day shred, No More Trouble Zones, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism videos.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Ugh the super bowl party I went to. I did so awesome with my workouts on Saturday and Sunday and I feel like I ruined it all at the party! So many dips and chips and meatballs and cheesecake and pies! Bllllaahhhh

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: Southern Plantation I guess?... we're getting married at a manor house with a beautiful view of the Shenandoah Mountains. I've been trying to keep the decorations and items southern style like we are doing Jams and Jellies for our favors with ribbons and tags. Below is a picture of our venue:

image003.jpg

5. Any wedding news updates: I GOT MY WEDDING BAND!!! Kay Jewelers was doing a 25% off all items sale this weekend so we just did it! And I didn't mean to get another 1 kt worth of diamonds but after seeing it on I had to have it :-) ooooppss blew the budget on that one! lol.. picture below

Screenshot2011-02-05at62434PM.png

6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: YES! Joined a group on here for a February challenge to do the Jillian Michael's 30 day slimdown. Today my fiance decided to join me and I couldn't help but laugh as he sweated and panted and kept giving up halfway through the exercises because it was too hard (we were doing the shred level 1!). A little worried about his pride since he always considers himself a "natural athlete". :-P

The exercise plan can be found at: media.exercisetv.tv/extv/workoutplans/30DaySlimdown2.pdf.

7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: Ice cream, I eat a 100 calorie klondike bar.. sooo delicious and curbs my craving.

8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): Umm I guess normal? I feel like I eat a lot of dairy anyway because I lloovvee cheese and I eat yogurt any days I'm feeling fat.. lol

9. Weekly wrap up: It was a really great week minus the super bowl party! I need to learn to control myself around party foods! I'm excited that I've stuck with the February challenge and I'm going to keep pushing myself to stay with it!
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2lbs! yay!! I've got into the 150s finally!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): my friend had a baby boy yesterday and i am so excited to meet him!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): my knees!!! I did no exercise last week on the basis that my knees were killing me so i rested. Did a 40minute DVD yesterday and they are killing again today! I'm icing them, bathing, using hot water bottle and still they are realyl hurting and its putting me off exercising!

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: rural and rustic. Our venue is a working farm (www.crockwellfarm.co.uk) so we are going relaxed, informal, summer theme.

5. Any wedding news updates: none.... been trying to gently pursuade Adam to go for a more relaxed suit rather than a morning suit with tails.... slowly i think its working!

6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: see comment about about knees!!

7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: this is difficult... i don't tend to crave stuff? if i do... i have a little bit of it. I'm not fussed by chocolate or sweets I'm more of a savoury girl! I'm more likely to think "ok i'll have a bit of this and just work out harder and longer next time". Seems to be working!

8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): i think i forgot!! but i do have half a pint of skimmed milk every day anyway so i don't realyl want to up it more than that! i have a pot of yoghurt every day too.

9. Weekly wrap up: need to sort out these knees!!!!!
  • mrsmacg2b
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I gained back some of the pounds over the last couple of weeks so I lost 4lbs this week and sitting on 200lbs exactly!

2. Highlight of the past week: Realising that I'm 2oz away from being an OVERWEIGHT BMI rather than OBESE BMI for the first time in 3 years and almost at my first goal weight of under 200lbs by valentines day - got 6 days left to get there!!

3. Lowlight of the past week: I've got tonsillitis so can't eat solid food. I love food :(

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: My fiancé is Scottish and I'm Irish so overall we have a Celtic theme with my future father-in-law playing bagpipes as I walk down the aisle, all the male attendants will be in kilts and we will be having CEILIDH (Celtic barn dance) in the evening. IT wasn't really a theme as such its just how we do traditional weddings here.

5. Any wedding news updates: I ordered my cake - 3 square tiers of chocolate sponge covered in chocolate decorated with icing pearls, red ribbon and red flowers. Don't worry I'll post all - only 3months to go exactly on Valentines day -eek!

6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: I'm doing at least 30mins walking and 30mins cycling everyday with other things thrown in such as Wii fit, swimming, step aerobics. I'm doing it for the most parts except the days I'm working 2 jobs or travelling.

7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: I crave crisps(chips) and sour cream but go for low fat popcorn. Does the trick - even though its swapping savoury for sweet.

8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): Pretty good - had milk, cheese and yoghurt everyday.

9. Weekly wrap up: Now that things are wrapping up my mum is driving me mad with trying to make changes to the guest list, invites, who['s on the bridal party. I've been trying v. hard to bite my tongue so far. But what had been an easy ride so far is beginning to be very stressful as she becomes the bridezilla.
  • kgs0201
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I've decided to change my weigh in day to tomorrow so I'll post my weight loss tomorrow (hopefully I'll have something to post!)

Weighed in this morning at 144!!! Which from last Tuesday when I last recorded my weight is a .8 loss and from the last time I posted a loss on here it's a 1.2 lb loss! Yay for lower 140's and single digits left to my goal!!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

2. Highlight of the past week: Realising that I'm 2oz away from being an OVERWEIGHT BMI rather than OBESE BMI for the first time in 3 years and almost at my first goal weight of under 200lbs by valentines day - got 6 days left to get there!!

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: My fiancé is Scottish and I'm Irish so overall we have a Celtic theme with my future father-in-law playing bagpipes as I walk down the aisle, all the male attendants will be in kilts and we will be having CEILIDH (Celtic barn dance) in the evening. IT wasn't really a theme as such its just how we do traditional weddings here.

@ #2--- That's awesome! It is such a great accomplishment! Way to reach your goal! I am about 10lbs away from moving from the overweight BMI to normal BMI.

@ #3---My fiance plays the snare drum in a bagpipe band. I have come to love the whole scottish heratiage. He oftne plays for weddings. He competes all summer long across the mid-west of the US and I love seeing everyone dressed up...and everyone drinking! haha We are not sure if we will be asking the band to play for us. We were thinking about playing us out of the church and for a few minutes outside.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

Weighed in this morning at 144!!! Which from last Tuesday when I last recorded my weight is a .8 loss and from the last time I posted a loss on here it's a 1.2 lb loss! Yay for lower 140's and single digits left to my goal!!

SOOOO close! That is great! And I love your plantation! My cousin got married on one in Charelston, SC a few years ago and it was like a story book wedding! It would be so nice for your to post wedding pics, Im sure they will look amazing in that background!