Yummy Chicken Tortilla Soup- 152 calories per serving!!

Options
MOMvsFOOD
MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
This soup is DELISH! I made mine a little spicy but you can adjust to taste. So good and low cal enough to leave room for some baked tortilla strips, green onions, sprinkle of cheddar and a little dollop of light sour cream.

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com/2011/02/chicken-tortilla-soup.html

Replies

• mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tdixon00
    Options
    Thanks for this! During the winter I am always looking for new soup recipes!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    Thanks for this! During the winter I am always looking for new soup recipes!

I so agree. I love soup in the colder weather and especially when trying to eat more veggies and be more healthy! My goal is 1 pot/batch per week and if we have extra I usually freeze it and we have it for those rainy days and when softball season kicks up in the spring.

So much healthier than canned soup and you can control what you consume.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Bump... this is one of my favorite soups at Perkins! Can't wait to try it at home!

Shannon
  • staceywoo
    Options
    This looks yummy - bump for later!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    crap...it has way more than the 5-7 i can handle LOL will you make some for me, freeze and mail to me ? :D
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    crap...it has way more than the 5-7 i can handle LOL will you make some for me, freeze and mail to me ? :D

Way more what??? If its ingredients, no worries. Just some veggies to chop and throw in, and a couple cans to open!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    and too bad I left RI, I could have delivered!!!
  • msemejuru
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I make soup at least once a week in the winter and I think this will be a great addition to the rotation.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    oooh yummy! I love your blog too, btw. Totally going to make the steel cut oatmeal cookies! Thanks for posting!!
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    This soup is DELISH! I made mine a little spicy but you can adjust to taste. So good and low cal enough to leave room for some baked tortilla strips, green onions, sprinkle of cheddar and a little dollop of light sour cream.

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com/2011/02/chicken-tortilla-soup.html
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    bump
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    oooh yummy! I love your blog too, btw. Totally going to make the steel cut oatmeal cookies! Thanks for posting!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Its an alternative to a cookbook I lost a year ago AND an outlet for my love of food!
  • TTLee
    TTLee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    THANKS! Had a bowl with a little shredded cheese, light sour cream, a few baked tortilla strips and TONS of green onions and cilantro for dinner. SOOOOO GOOD :bigsmile:
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think I will have to try this, thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    My pleasure!
  • wagn27
    wagn27 Posts: 65
    Options
    bump