Why is it so hard to feel full up?

Options
I have issues with not feeling full. When I used to eat what I wanted, all the carbs I ate, would fill me up. Now all the fruit im eating just makes me feel gross and bloated. I have this constant citrus taste in my mouth and just feel full of water but not satisfied in any way. Ive felt like this since i started dieting.its making me so angry, i feel hungry alot. i eat something and im almost immediately hungry again, but im tired of eating fruit all day everyday as a snack

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Maybe increase your protein? :smile:
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I would not eat just fruit alone as a snack. Pair it with protein. Also maybe eat more veggies and less fruit.

Eta: maybe eat more healthy fats too.
  • celia34
    celia34 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    maybe try a protein or fat based snack (like raw almonds). Almonds and green tea have seen me through the hunger/snack/hunger periods.
  • my5ticdrag0n
    Options
    First all the full "feeling" is probably the worst thin that parents tell their children. You DO NOT need to eat until you are full. You can live off the littlest food for days. You shouldn't be worried about feeling full. Maybe try drink a water or a good ol' Coca-Cola classic.
  • turtlecc
    turtlecc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I have noticed though that pairing up a fruit with maybe some gronola can help fill me up a little more. It took me some playing around with, but I also have noticed that I am not a huge fruit eater and that is sorta why. Or maybe even having a 80 calorie yogurt to go with it too may help.
    Hope this was helpful. :)
  • sblowes
    sblowes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN! Protein triggers the "I'm full" signal to your brain. Shoot for at least 30% of your daily intake to be protein.
  • foodizfuelish
    Options
    you know this is kind of what im goin thru it drives me nuts to i try to drink lots of water or have a mint sometimes it works .i feel like i just hate food cause theres so much good tasting stuff and its so loadad w calories. i keep saying it will pass what else can u do.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I try to eat meals that will keep full for a while. For breakfast I'll make a spinach, turkey sausage scramble using egg whites.

Lunch might be a salad with grilled chicken or turkey burger with salad.

I noticed that when I have protein, it seems to make me fill a bit fuller.
  • Bulgingbride
    Options
    I think you need to change the way that you think about food. Try to eat small amounts regularly and have 5-6 small meals per day. You should always eat protein with every meal as it is actually that staves of hunger although it wont make you feel stuffed in the same way that carbs do. If you want to eat fruit, have it with nuts, seeds or natural yoghurt.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Typically peanut butter does it for me or oatmeal. I agree with what others said... all fruit and nothing else may not stick with you as long.

How about a hearty breakfast with oatmeal? That should stick to your ribs a bit! Add nuts and fruit to it, even skim milk. I love that for breakfast! Also, drinking lots of water helps!

Good luck!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    start incorporating beans and other lean proteins. I'm the queen of soups, stew, beans. These are good for you with healthy type carbs and the stick with ya if you know what I mean. Plus the servings are decent so that you do feel full. Protein also helps a lot. You just need to find stuff that you like and make it work for you. I sometimes when hungry will grab a couple pieces of lunch meat and wrap it around some cheese. It's a good little snack and helps with the fullness.

Almonds are a good snack as well.

Keep at it and do some food research, try to make what you like in a healthier way.

Too much fruit can make you feel like that for sure. :) Love the fruit though. It always seems to quench my thirst.

Hang in there and find a way to make it work for you. This is your life and you need to be happy in it. :) You can have it all. :)))
  • chuckanderson
    Options
    First off, fruits really aren't that great of a food group. You do need some- but it is definitely not as important as protein sources, fat sources, and finally veggies. Eat some chicken, fish, shrimp, turkey, ham for leaner meats. Nuts (peanut butter) and fish are especially good for fats. Veggies are a must for the 'almost' free nutrients.

I eat maybe one fruit a day. Usually a bannana in a protein shake pre workout.

You don't need to make this hard- this is America! They prepackage everything for us already :) Just defrost and go!

Also- you will not feel the OMG I CANT EAT ANOTHER BITE feeling if you do it properlly. You will simply want to stop eating. Yesterday I made 16 oz of chicken instead of my normal 12. Guess what happened halfway through the second piece? I went, nope, not feeling this anymore- any I quit. I wasn't hungry the rest of the night or starving in the morning.
  • raele
    raele Posts: 10
    Options
    First off, good for you for sticking to eating healthier options when it comes to snack time! That can be such a hard thing to do. If you pair up your fruit with some 100% whole wheat crackers and some light cheese you've got an even better snack that meets more nutrient needs and will make you feel more complete. Fruits are needed and are very important but they also hold a lot of liquids (which will leave you feeling bloated) and sugars (which we all know burn faster making you crash and feel hungry sooner than you'd hope). For a snack, someone mentioned raw almonds - excellent suggestion!!! A handful of these or walnuts 20 minutes or so before a meal will help you meet your satiety levels faster and keep you feeling more 'full'.

Keep up the great work! You can do this. : D
  • angelinah
    Options
    Oatmeal is a great way to stay full. It usually keeps me feeling comfortable from 7 AM til lunchtime.